HybridZ

anyone seen this kit?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Back in the mid 80"s there was a company making a kit for 240-280z. the company's name was Diaseti motors (not sure of the spelling) in the Ogden Utah area. The name name of the kit was Zvette. I had one of the first ones and would like to do another but unable to locate anyone associated with them.

The front end was a one piece tilt front end and the rear was a tub and a panterra style rear hatch.

Anyone have any clues as to the where abouts of anyone who may know anything about them...please let me know.

Still working on the Alpha gto kit but already have plans for the next project. twak.gif

Guest Anonymous

I have already seen that kit and it si not the one I am searching for. I contacted them some time ago when I saw it on thier website.

But thanks for the tip

bonk.gif

is that a bowtie on the back of that z ?

I agree that your right "to each his own," but there has to be some limits, like when you start abusing the sensibilities of others.

I could live with the flares, and a hood scoop thats higher than the roofline, but a bowtie on a the rear hatch - - outrageous. :mad:

Guest Anonymous

No.. that is not the kit, This kit was in kit car magizine and at a couple of events on the west coast, I have tried contacting Kit car magazine for thier help but they have not responded back.

It was advertised on the back cover as zvette.

The orginal was red in color and was powered by a small block chevrolet.

If anyone has any information that could help please contact me, or post it here.

thanks burnout.gif

Guest Anonymous

I have a January 1990 Kit Car that features an ad "ZRE" with an encircled TM for trade mark shows an actual Zee with a pantera style rear hatch. Zis Zit of Nevada 6466 Windy Street Suite B Las Vegas , Nevada 89119 &02-361-7710 or 702-646-4030 This rendition looks a lttle Ferrari rather than Corvette.

Guest Anonymous

Well, That does not sound like the kit I am looking for, I called the number and they said I had the wrong #, sounded as it was a personal phone #. The search continues.......

b_hand.gif

Guest Anonymous

the body kit your looking for was made by .

arizoniazcar.com

they don't make the kits anymore but they might tell you who does . the pic of the pantera style hatch is on there site . so is the other style racing front end kits . like my favorite that i should have bought is the Camel front end kit rockon.gif

Guest Anonymous

Nope that is not it either...There were only about 5 built before they went out of business.

I know the name of the body shop in Utah that made the first ones was called Magic Auto Body in Ogden Utah. but they are no longer listed.

well is anyone from the Ogden Utah area? cry2.gif

Hey Zvette,

I found it, its a nice kit. They were asking $1995. back in 86, the # advertised are (801) 399-4538 & (801) 782-5033. The company name is Diasetti Motors and the license plate # on the model car is BBM 537 (UTAH). Hope you can trace it.

Happy New Year. cheers.gif

Guest Anonymous

Hey ,,,,thats it

I knew someone out there would find it...Thanks a millon.

Its more info than I had before...but that is the correct kit I was looking for...Hey do you still have a copy of that issue?

Thanks again 2thumbs.gif

Guest Anonymous

dat260: thanks again if you could send that would really appreciate it. I ahve called both #'s and they are no longer any good. butthe trail is still warm....looking to track down however has the molds and perhaps purchase them.

Let me know how to contact you and so I can get that from you.

Thanks again

cheers.gif