HybridZ

the SCORPIONZCARS GTZ

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

my name is tom today i was told that my SCORPION GTZ was atopic of some discussion among some of you gto enthusiast,i own the silver and red horn striped car that has been in a few articles on the web ,this car is not a Puckertt at all ,i custom built a one off car using the front nose of a RHINO GT and my own hand built backend ,a simpson design dash,the most accurate dash i will say ,and then when the car was finished i built molds so i can start my own company selling the bodies and all the accessories to build a awesome car . i 'am not trying to advertise my company i just want everyone to know the proper information about my car. it is a "SCORPIONZCARS GTZ" that i built on a 1974 260z,425 hp chevy motor,t-5 trany,almost everything in it has been cusomized,if you want to know more about it call me or email me anytime.425 353 0394

Guest Anonymous

Welcome Tom.. web page scroll down and you will find the GTO 250 "Scorpian" for sale on kitcars.com.. I am sure your post will arouse some interest and generate some excitement. That is one great replica.. Dick Goodman aka SpeedRacer has a fantastic GTO and has one of the featured cars of this site. You may also want to contact Eric Nyerlin web page who is our Kit car historian/photographer that has a keen interest in Datsun based kit cars

You certainly did a good job on your car. I really like how you handled the rear end. How did you go about doing it? Was the standard Z year window moved up a bit, or is that a custom window?

yes info on your rear hatch would be really appreciated.

I would be interested in buying some sort of rear hatch panel system if it could just replace the rear hatch as opposed to a complete rear unibody

I don't think your advertising we love to gather pertinent info. here. The car looks very clean and accurate. Please feel free to leave a nice long post about it!! burnout.gifcheers.gif

Guest Anonymous

Hey Tom! Ron here, red Z, Exhaust Specialties. I was going to post pictures of your car here but I didn't :-) Yeah, I took a couple when I was at the shop. I wasn't sure if you post here already or not. Anyway, welcome!

Guest Anonymous

Tom:

Is your car the 250 GTO that was written up in the August 2001 issue of KitCar Illustrated? It sounds like a similar build up. I am interested in how you fabricated the authentic-looking rear hatch and window set-up. Can you provide details on that part of your project? Was the standard Z rear hatch removed or welded shut? Thanks.

and then when the car was finished i built molds so i can start my own company selling the bodies and all the accessories to build a awesome car
Good luck with building and selling Ferrari replica kits. I hope you know some good lawyers.

The editorial in this month's Kit Car Magazine is about Ferrari suing replica builders out of business. They've even one after a one-off builder who made a Camaro-based F-40 that was pretty enough for a magazine story.

On another subject:

Dsc00851.jpg

Does this grille say "Maserati" to you?

Wow Tom - that is one awesome GTO replica. I had seen some of the pictures from a few of the other sites and could not get over how great your car looks. It is, without a doubt, the finest looking fiberglass replica of a Ferrari 250 GTO that I have ever seen!!!!!!!! hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

I thought about modifying mine to have a trunk when I built it. I actually took it over to the body shop of a guy that said he was really excited to do it. Trailered the car over to him just before Easter and picked it up after Labor Day without him ever touching it. Decided I had waited long enough and it was time to get it painted so I could finish it and drive it!

Anyway, I wish you had your kit ready at the time because I would have used it. Oh, well - maybe next time! ;)

Thanks for stopping by and maybe you can check this site once in a while since quite a few of the guys are building GTO’s. Maybe you could help and offer a few suggestions on occasion.

Trevor, your first mystery car is indeed an Alfa: a TZ2 to be precise. The second one is a TZ1.

Lest you think I'm so smart, I pulled a photo of the TZ2 out of a magazine years ago thinking it might be a good candidate for breeding with a Z car.

However, I couldn't find the clipping and wound up having to contact former GTORR high Kahuna, Terry Watson. In addition to being a rocket scientist by day, Terry is also a very active member in the Alfa club and does a bit of race driving at their events.

He replied with the following:

TZ2 1965

The Alfa TZ2 was reveiled in 1965 and a development of the desirable and succesful TZ (Tubolare Zagato) model which only then became known as TZ1. Both cars being a design of Zagato's Ercole Spada, built around a tubular spaceframe of Alfa Romeo's engineer Giuseppe Busso.

The bodies of all of them differing in detailing like ventilation openings and lamps,were fabricated from glassfibre (except one which was of aluminium) and looked much more mean and aggressive than its succesful forebear.

The well proven and reliable 1570 cm. engine produced 170 HP at 7500 rev/min. (later ones boosted 2 spark plugs per cylinder) while the front height necessitated the adoption of a dry sump engine lubrication system.

A gearbox with 5 forward gears was fitted and the rear discbrakes were inboard against the final drive which had a 47% differential lock.

With a total weight of only 620 kilogrammes top speed was well over 155 miles/hr. depending on the chosen transmission ratio's.

You could do a Google search for more info, but I found a couple of not-so-great photos at:

http://www.classicscars.com/alfa/tz2/tz2.htm