HybridZ

Opinions - Car Colour

Guest 250z

Nice, real nice. I'd be proud of the job your doing on that GTO. What rear clip did you us? The front looks like a Vella Rossa, right? Oh by the way the gentleman that was on this post John Washington, has vr and is back in the game. Check his web site. I've lined up all my parts to start mine. Stable front Vella Rossa rear, but I'm doing a coupe. Jag v12 drive train, 6 webers, and the jag irs. Got the rear fenders cut open and welded,but I want to put a full frame under it. I'll start that this week.

Sorry 250, should have said " most red". Great that you are near the end of the project. I have actually managed to do some work on mine. Fixed the rust but still have to make up some glass panels. Getting there. Slowly.

Cheers

Douglas

staledale:

It's a kit from Classic Revival but yeah it look's the same as the VR one, I prefer the Stable Autoworks front though.

Jag v12 - thats pretty cool, I wonder how hard it would be to change the bore, stroke and firing order, to make it sound like the real thing? (probably too hard). Why the Jag IRS? isn't the Z irs good enouth?

ZROSSA :

Ohh reddest right, sorry I was thinking something else, yeah every red looks different when parked next to another red that's why I went with the Ferrari Red thinking they would have done a lot of work getting it right.

The headlight trim was from classic revival, the grill and spotlight covers I had a local metalworking shop make ($600 NZ all up -$300 US)

hey 250Z I can give you a list of reasons to use the Jag rear, but to be truthful it is just an exercise in engineering futility. Thought it might be cool to use complete Jag drivetrain. I did hung undecided till the chrome axles and swing arms came up on E-Bay. It has a 3.31 gear, posi, and disc brakes. Also has the 5 bolt chevy wheel pattern. But really, I just wanted to do it.

The little things Speed ask about are the details that really set off your car. After looking at yours, I'll go with the door pulls like you have. I have the stock Z handles on mine right now. Have my body hung for fitting seams, wipers,and misc. Hope to get moving a lot fastter now. Where did you get your door pulls? She looking good post more pictures as you go. We all are looking for it.

250Z, that is beautiful! I don't think it would look as good to me in any color but bright red, and you hit that nail on the head!

My next 240Z will have to be a GTO250. Ever since I saw pictures of the real one, it's been my favorite body style.

Uh-oh, Pete is planning the next one allready! ;) Most people would be happy with one killer-awsome-cool car. 8)

Love the GTO 250z! RB power on its way? Any of you guys ever though of BMW V12 power for your GTO kit? Just food for thought.

staledale:

Yeah sorry they are trunk handles so you probably won't be able to get the same keys for all 3 handles.

Drax240z:

Yep RB25DET, dropping the car off to the engine shop today to finish it off (exhaust, IC piping, hooked to dash). staledale said he is putting a jag v12 in, I have never seen a GTO kit with a v12 yet (I have seen a picture of a jag v12 in a 240 before though)

• 2 weeks later...

Drax240z,

I bought a BMW V-12 and 6 speed for one of out z based cars - the biggest issue we haven't totally decided how to overcome is the front oil sump on this engine- it interferes with (well is totally in the way of) the crossmember. If we do it it will be in the GTO replica with stretched wheelbase. still there's going to be interference unless we make a custom crossmember. If we ever resolve this I'll be happy to post pics. It fits between the shock towers but I can't imagine anyone going to the trouble of putting this setup in a stock wheelbase Z.. though I'm sure there are some willing to try.

Chelle

http://members.core.com/~sysadmin/personal/Urraco/lambo.html

lamboallthree.jpg

• 5 months later...
the front oil sump on this engine- it is in the way of the crossmember.

On Fords, they have a way to put on a rear sump. It's a special oil pan, and pump with a custom sump pickup tube. I think the stock pump is still used, just a pickup tibe going to the back.

I'm sure you could make an oil pan to suit your dimensions, but You just need to have an oil pump that dopesn't stick down too far and maybe the pickup tube pointing the the desired direction-- back.

you probably won't be able to get the same keys for all 3 handles.

If you have a Moss Motors book, they have locksets so you can have all 3 locks with the same key (3 doors & trunk). Your local locksmith should be able to re-key your locks, too.

Otherwise, I wouldn't be interested in pushbutton doorlocks.