HybridZ

how do i measure the wheel to find the a/r?

scottyMIz

The A/R should be cast into the housing since it's a housing-only spec. If you can reference the center of the housing, pick a spot on the scroll and measure the distance (radius) to the center of the tube. Then measure the diameter of the same spot on the scroll, divide by 2, square it, multiply by pi (3.14159) to get the area. Divide the area by the radius to get the A/R.

If you want the specs on the wheel trim, for Turbonetics, who published data on the wheels, measure the inducer and exducer diameters and match them to the chart. That's what I did for my Turbonetics turbo. To the best of my knowledge no one else publishes that data - I tried to get data on a Greedy turbo - they said NO.

thanks sleeper hey guys i found a way to keep the thurst bearing down.I pulled the pins out and tapped the holes and then got some brass screwzs with the tapered head and counter sunk the screw it looks stock and should help alot with the oil problem at high boost.What can i say i'm cheap :D don't wanna spend the big money on the 360 degree bearing yet but i will or upgrade to a ballbearing turbo.

Guest De Schmaydee

ooooooo....new rodz and peestons....meester selby weel be taking no preezoners theese spring......(or soon as the snow thaws)....when did the to4e go south (or is it a different one)........s

hey steve it was going bad gradually but i fixed it and now i'm smoothing the inlet to the turbo on the housing.I got used pistons but it'll still haul A$$ that for sure.Still planning on a haltech and timz's ic so i should have the same prob from detonation and now i know better :D How's the car running for you?

Guest De Schmaydee

...running really great.......still gotta pipe in the i.c. (etc)..it aint hap'nin till spring...got the tranny in (and good)...now i'm gonna get an aluminium driveshaft and have the r200 redone w/the quaiffey......i saw a "new" one (differential)... (factory nissan in the box) for $375 (dont know if it was an r200)....but it was a 3.90 and i've gotten to really like my 3.54......sounds real good though.....dunno

......but soon as i get the rest of the drivetrain the way i want it (from the tranny back) i'll be ready to "put it to it!".......s