HybridZ

locking gas at last!!!

fl327

just got the one i won of zbaymotors.com, i am happier than a clam, yeah i paid a lot for it, almost 60.00, i have seen them go for almost double and it was worth the peace of mind knowing some salty kid cant fill me up with sugar, and its chrome, man im pumped!

Cant you just go to Autozone and buy a universal locking gas cap? I mean they might not be very pretty but they are under the cover... That is what I had to do for my mustang when the cap was stollen for the 3ed time! :evil: By the way the mustang had no cover. I had to look at the ugly thing every time I walked up behind it! :(

Guest bang847

if you went through that much trouble finding a locking gas cap you should of just installed a locking door or another filler...

i know the locking door is avaliable in your local junk yard probably off a 280z....

what are you gonna do with the your old cap? i know the old big mouth caps are hard to find...

I might need one...

I think a motorcycle filler cap with lock and key would be my first choice. :) (basically aircraft style) Should be able to get one of those for less than $60 used...

Where? A motorcycle wrecking yard? This is basically what I want to do, but I'm not sure where exactly to get one.

Davy

A motorcycle wrecking yard is a darn good place to start. If you can't get the key with it, I think you can get one made for it at a locksmiths anyway. (but its worth checking first) Most new sportbikes use a chromed gas door that would look sweet on any Z...