HybridZ

How tall is too tall?

Guest HueJass

Guest HueJass

I was wondering how tall you could be to *comfortably* fit in any z 1970 to 78. From what others have said about seats it seems like 6'1 is about the max.... I'm 6'2 and still growing... would this be a problem when i fiannly have the cash to buy a z...

I'm 6'6" tall with a 38" inseam, and I fit very comfortably (relatively speaking) in my 240. I have problems with the 280Z though because of the redesigned armrest/door pull. It gets in the way of my left knee when I try to operate the clutch (not enough room to get my knee between the steering wheel and the door). But this can be removed.

Nigel

'73 240ZT

and fit in the 240's to 280's only. The ZX's dash board was redesign for the someone with shorter legs. I did change out my steering wheel to a smaller diameter but drove it just fine even before that change. I also have a 90 300ZX and had to get the 2+2 to have room to fit.

I'm 6'2", its a small car, but I'm actually daily driving it now. There is a guy locally who is 6'6", how he drives his 240Z I have no idea! He must have a low race seat, I need one myself. My hair touches the top a tad, and with a helmet its a tight squeeze, this is also tilting my seat (89/90 Acura?) back one notch from my prefered performance 'stance.'

Overall I still love the car, no regrets, and its a mean mother in the twisties!!!

I'm 6'3" and I fit fine. To help give me a little more room I have installed Miata seats (very easy swap) and am going with a smaller wheel. Even without the Miata seats my head didnt touch the headliner.

I also used to drive an 83 ZX. I was amazed at the room it had! I could stretch both legs straight out in front of my (past the pedals) and just barely touch the firewall!