HybridZ

pusher fan

Guest De Schmaydee

Guest De Schmaydee

....has anyone ever used an electric pusher fan on an l28 engine that would adequately cool their engine and allow for the removal of the mechanical fan........s

Hey De,

It`s been about 4 years sence I got it and don`t remember brand name.

I got thru a friends shop who got it from Summit Racing catalog.

Important: I measured the inside to inside(top to bottom)of the frt side radiator support and then searched for a fan with the mounting wholes that would let me bolt to the radiator supports top and bottom.(NO wire ties)

I got a fan that kicked out some cfm`s.

Hope this makes sence and helps you.

Guest De Schmaydee

doug ,

........appreciate it.....i have a zx and i'm wanting to clear room for i.c. piping......i kinda like those double units....that way i can get rid of the aux fan too....i've seen 'em @ summitt...but wasnt sure what amps/cfm to get.............s

Hey guys,

I installed Flex-A-Lite twin slimline puller fans over the past summer, I removed the AC first - which hurt as it was working perfectly and then I proceeded with the install took a full day - but it was overall a not too difficult install. The results - excellent, the fans are thermostatically controlled via a copper temp probe in the upper rad hose and there is also a manual cab mounted overide switch. I bought the fans from Summit Racing.

Here are some pics:

20117181.jpg

20117204.jpg

20117195.jpg

20117205.jpg

The pictures look deceiving there is alot more room between the fans and the front of the motor and most importantly lots of room for me to squeeze in my IC piping.

In the pics you can also see my 60mm KA24 TB.

Hope this helps - Yasin

Cody - Actually I did not put the AC back in, as in the three years of ownership I never actually used the AC, except the odd time to run it, so I left it all out. Plus with the IC is going in soon, I wanted to move the AC condensor and also free up some weight and room.

The car without the AC and half tank of gas now weighs 2,850lbs

Yasin

Guest Anonymous

I've got a 10inch puller in place of my old belt-driven fan. I'm running an L28 with no A/C. I should also say I flushed the radiator real good, changed the thermostat, and put a new sending unit in. Stays remarkably cool.

I have a pretty extreme cooling situation because of a big intercooler and A/C in Florida. I have a Perma-cool 19114 14" 2950CFM fan mounted as a pusher just behind the intercooler. This fan alone would probably give sufficient cooling for most applications, but I also have 2- Perma-cool 19010 10" pullers.

A Painless Wiring 30103 sensor/ relay setup controls the big pusher, while the pullers are activated by the A/C clutch sgnal via a relay. All this stuff can be ordered from Summit.

This setup was tested in 100+ degree weather with A/C blasting last Summer.

I have converted the '77 Turbo to a Chevy 100 amp alternator. Probably a stocker in good shape on a car with good wiring and good fuse/ link boxes would handle the load with lights on - My '78 has 3 smaller amperage fans (all pushers -2-Shrouded 10" and 1-14" - in preparation or making room for a supercharger pulley) and the stock 60 amp alternator (actually an Autozone rebuilt w/lietime warranty) has held up fine. Cooling has proved adequate on the '78 also.