HybridZ

Rear end that will hold 700ish rwhp?

Guest Your Car is Slow

Guest Your Car is Slow

Obviously the stock 180 wont....and I seriously doubt a 200 will either.

Does anyone make this kinda power in a 240z and if so what are you using to put it to the ground.

I dont plan on this car ever seeing the track..or twisties....but it will have a set of 335 BFGs on the back (id imagine even that will require a good bit of work)...and just need options on a rear that wont ventilate itself the first time I dump the clutch :)

How difficult is it to have a Ford 9 modified to fit?

The R230 from a 300Zx TT, or Infinity Q45 can reportedly hold massive power, and had LSD to boot. Some members here are running them, as am (will) I.

Remember, traction kills diffs, not power. A member here once wrote that he knew of some 1000hp Q45s in Japan using stock rears. If the search function is working correctly again, just search on "R230" and you'll find a wealth of info.

Tim

Guest Your Car is Slow

Looks like a perfect option.

Any idea on price? Is this a junkyard steal? Or more overpriced paperweights collecting rust that people want a fortune for at upullits?

Guest Your Car is Slow

Will do...I did a search on R230 and found a thread where you talked about making a conversion kit for this rear.....did that ever come about?

What other mods will have to be done? Will the stock driveshaft just mount up? or will I have to go custom?

Not yet. I also said somewhere that I was not comfortable supplying a 'kit' that was untested. Since my car is still a month or so away from completion, it will be some time.

You'll have to have a custom driveshaft made, as well as side shafts.

There are a few pics on my site.

Tim

Guest Your Car is Slow

If I do find a rear...what sort of brakes came with that R230? Disc? drum? I assume they will work fine as well?

Whats the bolt pattern also?

Guest Your Car is Slow

Any of you guys know if an adapter made to mount an R200 rear in place of an R180 would also work to mount an R230 rear??

guess im asking is the bracket you have to fabricate to mount an R230 to an R180 spot the same as it woudl be for an R200

Guest Your Car is Slow

Well..as someone mentioned before....since I wont be running at the strip or running slicks (just drag radials) perhaps even 700 wont stress the limits of a 230.

I agree the Ford 9 is the mother of all freaking bulletproof rear ends....but it seems the cost involved in fitting one to a Zcar is tremendous.

I asked about this in the suspension forum. I am looking at the R230 swap and ran accross some J30's at the yard. I will have a VR kit which gives me fender room. I am exploring the possibility of swapping the R230 and the whole J30 IRS. 5 lug hubs, tougher stubs, bigger brakes, but a lot of time, work and brain cramps. :roll:

See it here. http://www.hybridz.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7175

:bonk: After reading up a bit on the R230 and R200V I guess what I saw at the salvage yard was one R230 and two R200V's. I had them laid out next to each other and I swear they were identical. They definitely use the same casing. Same #'s and everything. Even the little orange Viscous LSD were the same on all of them. I will try to find a 240SX tomorrow and take some measurements to see about that swap. :burnout: