HybridZ

Other cars with same offset.

What other cars use the same bolt pattern and offset as the 1st gen Z's? Do like the first gent supras or RX7's use the same size? I am just trying to search for some nice rims but just wanna make sure. Also, do the 4 lug 300zx's use the same offset or i should say close to?

first gen supra wheels will fit acording to the jtr book, they even recomend them, rx7 uses a wierd patters like 4 x 113 or 4 x 108 I think, and of course the z is 4 x 4.5" (4 x 114.3), the first gen 300zx 84-85 N/A cars had 4 lug 15 x 7 wheels will fit but the offset is wrong, early z's used a zero offset and the z31's (84-89 300zx) used a +20 or a +30 mm offset, can't remember which

I was considering them but i fear i wont be able to use them when Auto-xing and i hope to start road racing this year at the track. I am not sure if they would be allowed as the local tracks are very strict about wheel spacers. I figured i might be able to find like another OEM wheel that is around 15x7 that would fit for track use.

What about rims intended for other cars like the Cobra R rims. I was thinking about the 17x9's. For a Z with the ZG flares, how to they fit. I went into the archives and found on but he wasnt running the stock 4 lugs. These have a 14mm offset. If so, what would be a goos size tire. I am mostly worried with the front tires when turning to lock.

The Mustang wheels that fit our cars, are I believe 67-69 or somewhere in that range, the modern 4 lug Ford wheels are not the same lug pattern, they are 4x4.25" not 4x4.5"/114.3mm

Plus, with a wheel of that offset you would need a large spacer. Anything in a 9" that you find fitting, will be a very deep dish wheel.

I would be freaking stoked to get a 17x9" for a reasonable price, if it could be done. The list I saw from ClassicZcar.com listed only the early Stang as useable for bolt pattern, again were left with the possible spacer issue, which in racing is almost always a no-go.

• Bolt Circle 4X4.25 and 5X4.5 is all I can find for modern Stang cars, now if we can find a company that is making modern style wheels for classic Stang cars then maybe we have something?

The only 60s wheels I find so far are 5 lug, which makes me think it was 4-6 banger Mustangs that got the 4 lug setup.

http://www.wheelreplicas.com/cobrar4lug.htm 4.25" strikes again

Another thought, is to have a machine shop work the wheels for a 4.5" bolt pattern, but then there is still the spacer issue, so why bother.

All in all, it looks like Centerline is the only, half-cheap alternative for modestly big wheels, or maybe convert to 4x4.25" 300ZX stuff.

http://www.centerlinewheels.com/wheel_deals1.htm

I'm not sure if these guys will make 4 lugger custom setups, but I'm going to see what I can find out

http://www.circleracing.com/html/products.html

A Circle-Wheel vendor, says 4/5 lug available

http://www.sdjmotorsports.com/CircleWhl.htm

The first design of the Circle Wheels shown isn't going to be street-pretty, they are for race, so maybe or maybe not what your after. For me anything strong, relatively light, if they can be had for a good deal less than some other brand but still have the reputation and above prerequisites, then I'm there!

The second wheel style they have looks maybe nicer, but is another $300 for a set of four, for 16x10" vs 16x9.5", plus your going to have to run a flair at that point, which means more money.

http://www.circlekarting.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CR&Product_Code=41510550

15x10"

Code: 41510550

Price: $91.65

Shipping Weight: 21.50 pounds

Cheaper, plenty heavier of course but eh, if you were on a super tight budget...

So what size tyre do you plan to use on the 16x9.5 rims? The largest tyre I can find locally is 245/45/16. I was thinking about having my 16 inch rims widened from 16x7 to 16x9 to fit the above tire. Can you guys get a wider tyre?

Douglas

I was going to use 265s, http://www.tirerack.com , not sure if they ship international? I want these for race tires, not really for street use. I have 15x7" Riken that I can use for that, although I'd have to have coilovers and flairs and yada yada, so much stuff that I may run 15x6" for daily use and 15x7" with 205 Victoracers for track, until I can afford to "finish" the project.

Thanks Mudge,

Does any one else make 265/45/16's. You would be mighty pissed off if they stoped making them and you had gone to the expence of setting up for them. My 16x7's are multi piece so i might see if i cam get new rims to go on the centers and go up to 17 inch. There seems to be a lot more tyres to choose from in that size. Mabye something like 315/35/17's :D . Dreams are free.

Douglas

315s would be nuts, absolultely nuts, but I bet it will kill just about everything on the car too quickly :( steering box, etc However the ultimate in G forces would be, well nuts :D Plus the wheels, and tires cost so much more.

Alot of companies make 265 tires in a 16", Vettes came with 16x9.5" wheels for instance, so they are at least one car that would have been supported with this tire.