HybridZ

And the retard post of the year goes to...

auxilary

Having had a z06, I would rather have a hooked up Civic and an IS300 as well

Chevy=POS, who cars if it is fast, if it still drives like a POS.

I prefer driving my 01 Integra more.

some botched up abortion from clubsi. Fortunately, not from the vs. forum where all the LS1 and mustang owners hang out.

hes never done a figure 8 in an 01 ss camaro, or powershifted a t56 behind an ls1 at 5800 rpm-LIKE I HAVE. :D

I once did 145 in ones of those things in the driver seat in 6th doing about 3000 rpm, freakin 3000 rpm!!!

idiots.

Having driven and raced both, I agree with the guy. The 01 Integra drives much nicer then a Z06 Corvette on the street. But if I'm in the grid at Willow Springs I would MUCH rather be sitting in a Z06 then any Integra made to date.

Usually when you hear some kid saying how "hooked up" his car is, thats a dead giveaway. Some ricer at a local car show was trying to tell me his Civic runs 11's. I ask him to show me some timeslips, but to my amazement, no time slips. I ask him what he has done to his car, he replies, "I have a turbo kit, exhaust kit, intake kit, header kit, and shift kit." So at this point I'm like ok... then he tells me that he has a friend with a Cavalier that will smoke my friends 99 TA. Of course its all "hooked up" as well and has a "rear wheel drive conversion kit"?!?!?! It's pointless arguing with them, every slow ricer's excuse is "Hey my car won't blow up after two weeks and will outhandle your car." Yes, I'm sure an 01 Integra will outhandle a Z06... :bonk:

Guest livewire23

well, now I know. I've never heard anything about Z06 handling, good or bad. Guess I just hang around the wrong people. All I hear about is Z06 power. and how mustangs are crap for going with a SC. but hey, its none of my business what ford does with its cars...

Z06's are pretty nice as well as the 03 Cobra. I'm not to picky when it comes Ford, Chevy or Chrysler as long as it performs. Like the R/T 5.9's as well.

Mike

Mustangs are crap for going SC?! Kripes, what does that say for all the turbo Hondas?! I've seen a Cobra with bolt-ons make 500RWHP on the dyno but hey it's crap becaquse they decided to go forced induction. IT's amazing how some of these guys will justify their narrow point of view. Tell the guys who think Ford is crap for having done that that they better get used to Cobra tailights. For a couple hundred bux those things FLY and are underrated from the factory. I think they're just jealous....

Guest livewire23

Actually I kept hearing that point of view from Z06 fans. Honda folks live in their own little honda world, and rarely make references to other cars except to comment on their poor performance ouside a straight line. :roll:

I dont like the supercharger thing either. Why can't they make power NA? I still prefer cubes over trying to hop up a go-kart sized engine. Plus the Cobras are now in the 3700 pound territory, that is pigish, its a small car compared to the Vette, Fbody, and Viper yet it weighs the most. Being a wannabee road racer, I'd be stuck with an overweight car, which is going to hurt me in the tire and my brake departments, and then I have to figure out how to work the intercooler/race gas issue, although I'll have to do that anyway with the Turbo car.

If I'm going to buy a V8, why can't they give me cubes, and why does it have to weigh 2 tons with me in it???

well, now I know. I've never heard anything about Z06 handling, good or bad.

Z06's handling is very very good in stock form. Take a car with 405hp, 50/50 weight distribution, weigh it in at around 3200lbs, with a 6 speed and very big brakes. Add in 275 wide tires, and you've got yourself a lean mean street machine.

Guess I just hang around the wrong people. All I hear about is Z06 power.

You hang out with uneducated people :) The Z06 has a lot more to offer than just power and compensation for small genitals, like braking, handling, etc. It's as much a track machine as it is a chick magnet. I wouldn't own one to pick up chicks, though.

and how mustangs are crap for going with a SC. but hey, its none of my business what ford does with its cars...

What exactly is wrong with Ford using a supercharger? It's true that the production run of 2003 cobras was halted because of some problems, but Ford was not dumb for putting out a car that costs under 40k, and makes 390 at the wheels (power is underrated, like chevy camaros)

Guest livewire23
Guess I just hang around the wrong people. All I hear about is Z06 power.

You hang out with uneducated people :)

That's the understatement of the year. :D

Actually the Z06 in 2002, was around 3117 pounds :) I had thought it was 3050 when it first came out, but who knows. I know a guy, that doesn't have alot of track experience, who got his Z06 to do a 2:10 at Thunderhill which is pretty good, bone stock. Its not stupendous, but for a driver who spends most of his time dragging his Camaro, its a pretty good run IMO, especially on street tires.

Are people trying to say its not as comfy? Its actually considered a softer suspension setup than the Cobra R and the Viper ACR, the ACR actually got about the worst scores of the lot because it supposedly had "unpredictable" handling characteristics. The Cobra R was said to be very stiff, but still didn't post spectacular numbers, but of course as a disclaimer you never know what the magazine guys know and how well they can really drive and yada yada. Historically from what I'm told (CMC guys) say that the Stangs are usually harder to drive but dont neccessarily suck. I know my 97 Cobra, with the shorter wheel base, 4x4 pickup stance, was more tail happy than my Camaro, maybe thats supposed to be more fun I dont know, IMO though I'd rather have something more predictable. Of course the Cobra at least didnt have dinky brakes.

I drove a friends hotcam/headers car recently and after driving the 240Z for several months now, I could not help but gasp and laugh at the same time at how pathetic the brakes are on the LT1 cars, really really soft, you almost are supprised that more people dont crash those things overestimating thier braking distances, pretty sad.