HybridZ

how much have you spent on floor pans and/or frame rails?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

did you guys spend the $232 on the pre-fabbed ones or get some custom ones made. what are the pros and cons and how much, if any, did you save making your own? just wondering if its worth to buy.

Yup. Me too. I have no more than $50 in the 2x3" material for subframe connectors and sheet material for the pans. Add in the cost of welding wire and gas and I'm still under or around $75. Buying the pans from Zed Findings or MSA would be easy, but fabbing your own is no big deal if you have the tools.

Guest 240hybrid

I ended up spending $75 on my floor pans from someone on this board, they were from MSA and he wanted to get rid of them for some reason....so I took them off this hands. After shipping it was something like $90.00. I already have the welder, grinder etc etc so it wont cost me any more $ than what is already spent. I could see fabricating some from scratch, arent any difficult angles or curves to fight with, just get some 18 gauge and start bending and fitting. Im about to start installing my new pans next weekend if nothing comes up.

Chase

• 2 weeks later...

Chase, didnt you get those from me? I sent a set out to someone. The reason I couldnt use those was because of the extensive damage to my pan area. I had to reconstruct the whole damn belly on both sides. You can see that in my pics...keep us posted!

:-D

Guest 240hybrid

Yeah I did get those pans from you. Finally got around to installing them after 2 months....I'm going to finish welding the pans in tonight. So far I have 38 hrs :shock: invested in removal, cleaning and prep, and installation. Im kicking myself for not taking photos of the whole operation, but I was doing the work behind my fathers office and kept forgetting the camera. :x I had to patch a few places that the new pans dont cover but that was no biggie. Overall the pans worked out great, I've heard some people complain about MSA pans having rail extensions that are too wide and dont mate with their existing. What I did with the rails was clean the existing rails up real good and paint them, then trim the ears at the 90 and just slid the new pan over them so that its a rail within a rail. Should be stout Im hoping. Went good though, I'll get some photos of them all welded up before I paint and cover them.

Chase