HybridZ

LT1 240z

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

.... ok maybe some one could steet me in the right direction, I have a spare lt1 and t56 connected and COMPLETE. I figure instead of selling it I could plant it in somehting very light like a 240z. If I have the car and engine how much would this cost and where do they sell a kit and how much is it to have someone make me a wiring harness etc... Anyone have one with this sort of setup that could help me out? Thanks in advance!

Buy the book(s) from Jaguars That Run. The books are well worth the $50 the two will cost. They also sell parts if you don't want to fabricate them yourself.

The Datsun Z V8 Conversion manual, and the how to swap chevy TBI/TPI book. Then come use the search function for specific questions.

Welcome to Hybrid. :-D Definitly buy the JTR books. Be advised though, that there is no kit to mount the LT1. You will have to fab your own mounts. There are other issues as well such as accessory brackets and headers. Several guys here have done it though so don't get discouraged. Use the search function and read all the posts on lt1's. Read the JTR books and read all the LT1 posts and you will be well informed. If you can't find answers ask questions. We're here to help. :2thumbs:

Welcome to Hybrid. :-D Definitly buy the JTR books. Be advised though, that there is no kit to mount the LT1. You will have to fab your own mounts. There are other issues as well such as accessory brackets and headers. Several guys here have done it though so don't get discouraged. Use the search function and read all the posts on lt1's. Read the JTR books and read all the LT1 posts and you will be well informed. If you can't find answers ask questions. We're here to help. :2thumbs:

Dan,

I think that you have the LS1 in mind? The LT1 can use the JTR mounting kit as it mounts in the same way as the old gen SBC blocks. The only thing that make the LT1 conversion any more difficult than a carburetted V8 is the wiring for the PCM, upgrading the fuel lines, and fuel pump and tank. Other than that it's pretty straight forward.

Tim

Thanks Tim, my bad, your right. I was mixing up the lt1 with the ls1.

Yea, just ask questions, we'll set you straight. :bonk:

You're both right on the tank. Either you can add a sump to the stock tank or add a surg tank and another pump. Someone just resently had pics of his stock tank with a sump added. Nice job and the custom fabbed sump only cost him $60. I like the sump solution. Simpler, only one pump to fail.

Hey Tim, you coming to the NorCal meet in Rio Vista on the 5th? Only an 8 hour drive for you.

Hey Tim' date=' you coming to the NorCal meet in Rio Vista on the 5th? Only an 8 hour drive for you.[/quote']

Dan, If my conversion was done, I would very seriously consider it, but alas.......

I am thinking that I may go to New hapshire in October!!! (if the Z is done)

Tim