HybridZ

240z JDM Mesh Grill

Guest HiggyZ

Guest HiggyZ

Trying to add some finishing touches to a '73 V8 Z. Where can these be found or can these be made. I have been playing Sega GT 2002 on the Xbox and I really like the look of that grill on the Z. Help me out. Thanks

here's a link to the nissan motorsports grille:

http://www.nismoparts.com/cart/?id=571&pn=m-62300-n3000

the grille is $114.30. some of the nismo parts have been discontinued (like the center bar for the rear euro bumper). i just ordered two a few weeks ago. email or call Shanna to ensure the grill is still still available/in stock:

> Shanna McClarty

> Internet Parts Advisor

> Bruce Titus Automotive Group

> Toll Free Order Line 866-754-5500

> Fax Line 360-357-2594

> shanna@nissanparts.cc

heres some pics of mine.

album_pic.php?pic_id=380

album_pic.php?pic_id=381

album_pic.php?pic_id=378

album_pic.php?pic_id=382

album_pic.php?pic_id=379

How i made it:

I used 1/4 in expanded aluminum that i got from a friend in the fountain making buisness. First, I took measurements of the grill opening, then cut the aluminum to the size of the opening + 1 inch all around. I then bent the extra 1 inch inwards 90 degrees. To mount the grill I made up 3 aluminum L brackets, they all bolt to the underside of the bumper (where i drilled 3 small holes) and the bottom of the grill.

To mount the grill on the top, I removed the 280Z signal surrounds and used the holes they bolted into and just screwed 2 stainless bolts to keep it in place...one bolt on either side. (Make sure you use no rust metal like stainless or aluminum if you do this...) it's tricky to get the hood to clear, but with enough trial and error and slight adjustments to the grill you can get it to work no problem.

all in all, i'm happy with the results. i think it actually looks better than the 432R style grill because mine sits flush with the body, where as the 432R is recessed. And mine also hides the (ugly) 280Z turn signals.

heres the 432R grill to compare mine to:

1574camarillo.jpg