HybridZ

Oh boy, now it gets good L28 turbo

mobythevan

So what started as fix the L26 in my 240 for a daily driver has now expanded to turbo L28 project. I picked up an 83 turbo motor and 5 speed borg warner trans for $300 that runs. I am just getting ready to search the posts to make sure I got everything I need for the conversion.

I got the ECU, harness, air flow sensor and complete engine/turbo. Is there anything else critical that I need? If so I have to get back with this guy quick to get any more parts. Just concerning the engine, I am already aware of brakes, drivetrain upgrades available from my V8 project. Thanks guys.

Fuel pump & bracket, and a high PSI fuel filter, unless your going to re-use yours (if you got it), I am going to guess that the old coil wont work either, my car had GM HEI when I got it though, but most old cars had weak ignition systems.

Thats all that came to mind, as long as you do have the harness :) You got all the relay boxes as well? Did you get it out in one peice cutting the car up? I ended up cutting the harness to get one relay box out on the pass side.

I didn't pull it. The guy had pulled it and had it all setting out. I'm not sure about the relay boxes, but I'll check that out tonight. Not sure on the fuel pump either, but guessing I don't have it. The car is gone already but he may have misc parts laying around. How many relay boxes should be with the harness? Fuel pump I can set up with aftermarket unit right. So the relay boxes may be the more critical items?

I looked over the harness real quick and saw one relay on it that said EGI(green). I didn't see anything else. Hopefully anything I am missing here I can buy later.

I should have time this weekend to get the engine in, then I'll start the wiring. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

The bright green one is important, as for the others I am not yet really sure. You can wire your own relay for the fuel pump. I'm working with the harness tonight and have cut out about 20-30% of it (by weight). Not done yet of course, but will not get very fancy in the cutting, just the bulk.

My father-inlaw owns an auto shop here in town, so I figured I would get with him sometime and look through his schematics to see if I need anything else in the relay department. I'll just wire my own for the fuel pump like you say.

I would love to get up to Bandimere. My plan right now is that the turbo 240z will be my daily driver and my V8 240z is going to be set up for drag racing. My neighbor drag races and keeps telling me to get the car finished so I can start.

My father-inlaw owns an auto shop here in town' date=' so I figured I would get with him sometime and look through his schematics to see if I need anything else in the relay department. I'll just wire my own for the fuel pump like you say.

I would love to get up to Bandimere. My plan right now is that the turbo 240z will be my daily driver and my V8 240z is going to be set up for drag racing. My neighbor drag races and keeps telling me to get the car finished so I can start.[/quote']

Oh yes, bring the V8! :twisted: Then I bet you will be souping up the turbo when you see how they run up here in the clouds. :D