HybridZ

L28 turbo dyno "update"

Clifton

Ok I got the SDS and 550cc's in. I spent about 15 mintutes tunning it in the garage before driving it. I only adjusted the fuel/rpm. I did a little tunning on the dyno as I kept increasing the boost. 3500-5000 leaner and 6000-7000 leaner, fuel only. I could of left it alone at what I set it at in the garage but that was the point of going to the dyno. I didn't touch the map values it came with. They make setting it up almost too easy. This run was at 22 psi, the highest I ran the boost at. I could of easily run more boost but it's a roadrace car and it's got to last for 30 + minutes not 10 - 11 seconds. I will run it at 19 psi at the track being that my gauge only goes to 20 psi. I just know one more turn on the knob gives me about more 4 psi if needed. My smartmedia card took a dump and my

scanner is dying so it's green. &.dnm=417+rwhp.jpg&.src=ph&.view=t&.hires=t if this doesn't work click the link below.

Guest JAMIE T

Those are impressive numbers.

Can you give me(us) some details on your engine. Man, If I can make 400+RWHP from a L28ET, I'd be stoked. What turbo? IC? Give me the juicy details.

Holy Crap! :shock: That is a lot of HP for a little Z car to be runnin around with. I'm guessing you'll keep with the big dawgs on the straights. :wink: I can't wait to hear more about your setup. I have to put my SDS on yet. I have been working on the house so much recently that my car has just been sitting. :? Oh, well the kitchen will be done in another week or two. I just have to put the Pergo down and it will be time to work on the car again. Great job on the car!

Guest Anonymous

Hey, Clifton.

Killer numbers!

As I said on Sunday I may have to look into this SDS stuff! :D

So, is your next race at the new track this coming weekend?

I'd love to see the car run with all this newfound horsepower!

Cheers, Mike.

Here's the details http://www.hybridz.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18651

I did change the timing. 35* total off boost. gradually retarding to 19* total from 18 -24 psi.

Mike, yes It's this weekend. I'm going out there Saturday. http://www.arizonamotorsportspark.com/

You should consider something larger than those 40lb/hr injectors. With your turbo you shouldn't have a problem making what I made and then some. It would be alot easier to set up the SDS if you didn't need to use a rising rate regulator.