HybridZ

73 240 L28ET swap fuel tank, pump question

So I have searched through a boatload of posts here and at zcar.com about the turbo swap and have found all of the info I need, but have at least one question about fuel tank. I dug up one post that said a 75 or 76 tank will fit into the 240 and work better with the FI(but 77 on would not fit). The post only said that the tank had baffles inside to reduce sloshing. I can't find one of these tanks so I will be using my 240 tank. I realize I will have to add the electric fuel pump, damper, filter and new lines up and back to the engine.

I guess the question is what size fuel lines should I run and what specifically is the issue with the 240 tank(the size of the fuel lines/connections on the tank?) What are other people doing here that kept their 240 gas tanks?

Thanks

Bryan

I am going to run the 240 tank for awhile. I'm using the 5/16" fuel feed as a return and 3/8" new line on the bottom of the tank (drain plug) as my new feed.

Without having a rubber bladder or etc inside the tank, any fuel slosh on a low tank can end up sucking air, and that will cause detonation, detonation = death. On stock cast pistons probably a good to fair chance of instant death especially under hard driving conditions that will usually cause slosh. So as a precaution on the street I'll be running a 1/2 tank or more always until fixing the problem with a cell or new tank, and on the track stay to 3/4 or above.

Guest Rangerz

I had a sump welded to the bottom of my tank. You can get them from summit or jegs for ~$50. It has 2 outlets that are 3/8" at the back. You cut 2"holes in the bottom of the tank and that creates a "baffle". Make sure to take the tank down to a radiator shop and have them clean it out for you before weld!!!!!

Those ideas sound good, I have a spare 240 gas tank from the V8 car that will not be used for anything. I will set it up with a sump and baffle design to go in the car. Just to get the car fired off I will use Mudge's suggestion to use the drain plug as a source with a filter before the electric pump.

Thanks guys

Bryan