HybridZ

S14/S14 LSD internal swap. Possible?

yo2001

I was looking at the R200 LSD unit from S14/S15 silivia on ebay I was wandering if the ring and LSD unit can be fitted with a S30's pinion gear and R200 housing? Is there a different pitch on the pinion gear? I'm think if it works, I can get the 11 teeth pinion and 4.11 ring to get 3.70.

A ring and pinion have to be used and replaced as a set. The VLSD carrier can be taken out of the S14 housing and put into a old style s30 R200. It will cause some head aches. You will need to get a 87-89 R200 so it will have 12mm ring bolts or make some spacers to make it fit. That will not be the biggest problem, the VLSD takes diffrent side stubs than the old R200. They are diffrent lengths and the retaining rings are in diffrent places.

I spent some time last night helping a friend put a helical carrier out of a S15 into a S32 housing to put in his S14(?) (240SX). It fit so it will also fit a old style R200 it just needs it's own style of side stubs as they are bigger and have more splines.

Don

funny to see this thread. check it out:

diff1.jpg

diff2.jpg

diff3.jpg

diff4.jpg

i knew that the stubs would be a major problem....but i got lucky and came across this one with stubs. so there you have it. ill be using the CVs from a 240SX/300ZX combo in a later R200 housing. lots of work...but for the price i paid...i cannot go wrong.

laterZ