HybridZ

How much room do you guys have in your Z's?

jmead

Basically, I'm 6'4, but only like 170lbs. Planning on getting a Z car of some sort, but before I do I guess it would be wise to make sure I can fit. I'd just like to know the opinions of any other tall guys here, how much headroom, leg room, how far back do you put the seat back, etc.

Also, is any one Z better suited than another for somebody tall? ie, 240z seats go back an extra inch or something like that.

Thanks for any input!

Guest silverbullet

I am only 6' but am big and I agree with 280Zone, I love the leg room of my 77-280 and I don't even have the seat all the way back :-D

6'2" 238 pounds, leg room is fine, headliner interferes with the hair a bit, mostly wearing a helmet makes seat positioning suck a bit, otherwise I fit in the 73 just fine minus having to bend over to get in the car etc My car is also lowered a bit, so its kind of like getting into a kit car, must be clausterphobic getting into a Countach or GT-40!

6'2" 200lbs. and I agree with Mudge, the headliner can interfere with the hair sometimes, but my hair sticks up off my head a few inches (like that Ty dude on Trading Spaces). Haven't wore a helmet in the '73 yet, but I would bet if you slumped down a bit you can make it work. Oh yeah, the seat is all the way back. When I get new seats, I'm going to see if I can mount them lower to the floor. Lots of leg room though. Very comfortable to cruise around in :-D

!M!

Guest ON3GO

hehe im 5' 8 and i can fit in any Z, lol any car really.

my 300zx fits my friend who is 6'4 200lbs fine. my ZX was a 1993 2 seater.

mike

OK, thanks for all the replies guys! Sounds like I should be OK. Update though, not getting the ZX like I had intended....but there is a sweet blue 280z that is looking like it might be parked in my garage in a few weeks...with some luck ;)

Well, what exactly is "fitting with no problem," I know my definition is not the same as everyone elses. Eventually you must compromise seat position, and on a track that really bites.

I need to get a seat with much less wasted space (aka cushion) on the bottom, so that I dont have to tilt my seat so far back when I put my helmet on, I am one click beyond where I'd prefer to be, AND I'm still hitting the ceiling.

My Camaro is the same way almost, although I have T tops so those come off on track days.

I know, you are right, I'm looking at a Kirkey Intermediate or maybe a Corbeau etc etc, I have Acura Integra 89 or 90 seats right now, they are definately nicer than stock, cushy, but a little too much padding and a bit tall to start with.

Guest livewire23

I dunno, I don't know much about anything but preludes and hondas that prelude motors do well in. Maybe the Integras and Preludes shared seats at some point.