HybridZ

LT1 fuel lines to Z lines???

Has anyone come up with a solution to connect the hard plastc (?) fuel lines found on the LT1 F bodies, and imagine Corvette as well, to the stock steel lines in the Z. Specifiacally I have 94 T/A LT1 and early 260Z. I prefer using both for economy. I realize I can go all AN6 etc. Hope to make connection about where the Z lines enter engine bay. Suggestions, insight, actual success w/#s. thanks john

I ran new aluminum lines from the tank, but for the connection to the fuel rails I just cut the plastic lines off the quick release couplings and used braided SS lines with hoes clamps. The female ends of the connectors to the fuel rails are ribbed so the hose clamp solution should work well.

Tim

I also used that method. I cut the plastic off the connector and used the quick disconnect portion it does have a ribbs. I used regular fuel line and a hose clamp. The guy at the local autoplace said "It's your life when you car goes up in flames" I of coarst didnt listen to him he just wants to make money. Not one leak at full pressure 58psi

Brian

I did the same thing. I just used rubber hose from where the fuel lines come into the engine compartment and ran them up to the quick disconnects. I am going to upgrade to SS lines once I have the car running. The rubber hose solution is not really the best idea.

Are you sure your lines are going to be big enough? Are you just running a stock LT1? I know for me, since I had a EFI engine in my car before, my lines might be close to the right size.

Guy

Guest Anonymous

I have '95 LT-1 and purchased the factory plastic lines from GM for a '95 Z28 and ran those to the stock Z28 fuel pump assembly that I put into the 240's tank. Hoses were a little long, but made a smooth wide loop around top of tank and worked out fine.

Basically ended up being "plug and play".

charlie

Guest Anonymous

Here's what I did. Removed the stock quick connector, cut off the flair and used an earl's hard line adaptor on the GM hard fuel line and then #6 braided line to the tank. I used the stock Z hard fuel line as the return line and ran approiate size fuel line from the GM return return to the Z line.

album_pic.php?pic_id=566

Look like I am going to use a 6AN line from the LT1 fuel line to the pump.

Does anyone know what fitting this is? I need to buy Aeroquip fitting that will adapt this GM male size ( It looks like 3/8 pipe but it has an Oring on the end) to a 6AN line. Here are some pics.

Thanks

Mikealbum_thumbnail.php?pic_id=607

Guest Anonymous

38 inch is #6 AN. If you are going to the GM hard line, I can't tell in your pic, you need and earl's hard line adaptor for 38 inch to #6 line. Give jegs a call and they can get you the part number. You will need to cut the GM hard line so there is no flair or ridge on the line. Earls hard line adaptor has a ferrel that has to slip on the line. Also if that is a Vette lt-1 I think the fuel lines are braided. If so disreguard the above. Mark

Guest Anonymous

I see now. Remove the SS line at the connectors and put the hard line adaptors on the steel lines that lay on the intake. Hope that helps.

I did not like the idea of using a hard line adpter, but I did find out that GM used a power steering 14m x 1.5 with the oring on the end. I wanted to keep the GM braded line and just hook up the AN to the end. I found out that Earls part# 9894dbh will adapt this. You could also use one of the parts to just screw right into the fuel rail for the F body LT1. I spoke to Earls and they do not like the hard line adapter as much.f9894DBH.jpg

Mike