HybridZ

Whats shocks to run with coilovers/camberplates

Guest ae86drifter

Guest ae86drifter

called ground-control, 175$ each for koni adjustable. DAMN!!! expensive. what kidna brakes are you using Yasin those cross drilled looking NICE!! Z8 what spring rates ARE you using??

rb series fit with custom mounts, and modified oil pan. shrug. i kidna wanna go sr20det powered 240z as well. be the same idea. custom mounts hopefully wont have to modify the pan.

Guest zline
called ground-control' date=' 175$ each for koni adjustable. DAMN!!! expensive. what kidna brakes are you using Yasin those cross drilled looking NICE!! Z8 what spring rates ARE you using??

rb series fit with custom mounts, and modified oil pan. shrug. i kidna wanna go sr20det powered 240z as well. be the same idea. custom mounts hopefully wont have to modify the pan.[/quote']

you just need a rear sump pan thats all...full dry sump rb20de blowthru carb with fi would be sweeeet :D the best thing i can tell ya is that the best engine for waht you want is a L28 punched out to 3.0L with ahot cam and high compression and 3 big webers

good luck with whatever you need and us Hybrid guys are here to help ya with whatever you may choose

• 5 months later...
Guest vizcounty
springs are

F: eibach ERS 12.00in length

2.50in dia

350lbs/in

R: eibach ERS 10.00in length

2.5in

375lbs/in

what about tokico illumina or Koni D shocks

Hello,

I was looking to some old post and I have a question on your GC springs?

I bought a 77 280Z that came with GC coilovers and kyb shocks and I believe they are eibach springs as well(not sure if they are ERS but they are red and there is eibach mentioned on it).

May I ask where did you get the spring rates from?

It seems that your springs to be VERY stiff, if I have the same GC that you have, my springs wont be at that rate because if i push the rear part of the Z down it is spongy but i think the front springs is stiffer than the rear.

I went to autocross 2 weeks ago and the rear car keep sliding out and i cant really control it, probably because of the stiffer spring rates in the front. Anyway, please give me your thoughts,

Thank you for your time, appreciated,

Tony

The spring rates on Eibachs are usually printed in white on the coils. They have 3 listings spring length, diameter, and rate (not sure which order). I think my 10" 2.5 ID 250in/lb say 1000.250.250 if I remember correctly. Its late, sorry I couldn't be more specific.

Jon

With a well tied in roll cage you can use very stiff springs on the track. One advantage in doing so is that you will not need big anti roll bars but you will need the very best shocks. Some Z's successfully use Proflex remote cannister fully adjustable shocks, which are definately not cheap.

Very likely you will have to be prepared to play around a bit with your spring rates to get the best front/rear balance. Getting that balance and adjusting the shocks to suit will be the key.

Ground Control now makes a strut that is good enough for super high spring rates. Price is high (compared to a set of Tokicos or Konis), and if I recall correctly they only fit 280Z tubes.

Also, front springs seem long. Not sure if you'll have a problem, just commenting.

Jon