HybridZ

ANYONE USING Z31/Z32 CALIPERS

sure. weld on the spindle from a z32, use z32 hubs and rotors, then calculate and weld on z32 caliper mounts onto the strut housing of hte 240z.

in other wods, easier said than done. you might be better off going with a wilwood of outlaw brakes 4 piston kit that's already designed for a Z

thats what im doing i basically used the bottem half of the z31 strut and bolted z32 calipers up to it and welded teh top half of the s30 strut tube ... had to play with tierods and rack to get everything to fit. i pickup all my parts for prettty mu ch for free. i would go with a outlaw setup if i had to do it again.

I am using Z32 calipers on my 240 with Willwood 12.25" rotors. I made a offset mounting for the caliper with a aluminum billet - I think the offset was around .300". The rotor is mounted to a Z31 hub with a aluminum hat like the Az zcar willwood kit. I did this because I went to 5 lug and was able to sell my Az zcar kit for a good dollar. The Z32 parts were cheap. I have Z32 rear calipers with Willwood rotors 11.75" also - the brakes are very balanced and fade free on the 240. Also a lot quieter on the street than the willwood setup. Someday when my self and my car are in the same hemisphere - I will post pics of all this good stuff.

Doug71zt, I'm not up on the terminology, which Z-car is the Z-32 - what years? As for the 12.25 Wilwood rotors up front and the 11.75" dia rotors in the rear, these all fits under what size rim? I poresume we're talking about stock Z-32 front and rear calipers vs. Wilwoods or the like. What did you mean by quieter than Wilwoods? Do the race calipers squeal, or ???

z-32 = 1990-1996 300zx

z-31 = 1984-1989 300zx

The brakes on my car clear a stock z-32 16" wheel which have a big caliper clearance. They also clear 17" 2001 Maxima wheels - which I have on the car. They stock calipers are quieter because they have anti-squeal shims - they also have dust boots on the pistons - but the willwood calipers are pretty easy to rebuild every couple years. My Arizona Z willwood kit needed new front rotors and I converted to 5 lug at the same time. I actually ended up with money in my pocket after converting because someone really wanted my old set-up

Happy converting - Doug