HybridZ

Selling G-Nose Hinges

gnosez

With the help of fellow HybridZ members I am in the process of having several sets of g-nose hinges made from a Nissan original. They will not be identical in appearance but will function in the same manner. I don't have final costs yet but am estimating a set (w/o tension rods) to be in the $185-225. range. I haven't looked into payments methods yet but MOs or bank checks would be the simplest way for me unless I set up a Pay Pal account. If you're interested email me at: jjeffery@trcsolutions.com For those who are concerned about dealing with someone you don't know (yet), I'm the event coordinator for the Z Car Club of New England and the car show manager for the 2003 ZCCA annual convention. I post under the name 3L240 and JJs72 (zcar.com).

To add to this...

Pete P. Loaned ME the Factory Hing that I loaned to John, since I'm short on time as of late. Bottom line is that this is an OUT OF PRODUCTION PART and if you ever plan to hang a Gnose on your Z, You might want to get in on this while we have a source to make them... :shock:

John, I'd set up a PAYPAL Account to make it easier for folks to pay, and help facilitate that impulse buying nature I love so much! :lol:

Mike :D

I havent had the pleasure of looking at a g-nose up close but I take it that the original hinges move the hood forward a little when it opened and it would then rub on the nose. Is this correct?

Cheers

Douglas

Yes, the stock hinge set swing the hood forward, which in the case of a g-nose or other type of front nose option, would not only rub but most likely crack the fiberglass or bend the metal. The original g-nose was a 5-piece kit but the newer kits are either 1 or 2 pieces. The hinges for some reason are no longer made (not even in japan).

hmmmmm, Might have to look into that. I have been making a nose cone for my z that will sort of work like the g-nose but IMHO be better and more modern looking. It doesnt over hang as much either, so doest make the car look so nose heavy. If the stock hinges bring the nose down as well as forward I can make it work. I need to take the buck of the car before I look into it though so it will be a while.

Douglas