HybridZ

4bbl L28

Guest Anonymous

So are all V8 manifolds equal length with regard to runners?

Do you mean on a V8 car or on a Z car?

I could have some fun with you' date=' but I won't this time. :twak:[/quote']

If you feel like it, go for it. I haven't seen an equal length runner setup on a V8 either, I dont know how it would be possible with only a single carb, a dual 4 barrel and its possible.

Since the original post says on a Zcar, I assume its an L6, no way are they equal length.

I don't have any experience with the 4 barrel on a Z car but someone mentioned the dual Weber DGV's. I have those on my Z and a 90 degree bend would be a step up for those. The adapters actual drop down an inch or so before turning back up...more of a C than a 90 degree turn.

The dual Webers are not the ideal set up, but they were CARB legal and cheaper than replacing the worn throttle shaft bushings on the old SU's. The accelerator pump makes them easier to start in cold weather, and I think they had a bit more power than the stock SU's. Definitely more tuning options than just needles.

But the drain pipe traps are a PITA. If the engine is cold, extended idling allows gas to puddle in the trap. When the car starts stumbling and exhausting soot, you know you need to blip the throttle to burn off the excess gas.

I make is sound worse than it is. The engine runs nice with the dual webers. But if it wasn't for the smog, gas mileage and $$$ things then I would have installed triple webers.