HybridZ

Can i put a talking lady into a 79 zx?

Guest tom sixbey

Guest tom sixbey

hey guys, i have a 79zx and was wondering how and if it were possible to install one of the talking ladys from a later year car...

Guest livewire23

which cars are you talking about that come with talking ladies? :? And why would you want a talking lady in your car? Isn't that what wives are for? :bonk:

I dont see why not, but with all the sensors that it would complain about, like fuel level - you'd have to swap alot of stuff without problems I think.

The ZXT cars have a talking lady, I dont know about the ZX but I'd assume it too had them.

Guest Tempe_Z

I think if you do it it'll be like Mudge said and "she" might start whining about stuff. You may have to fart around with some resistors and shunts in place of the missing stuff to trick "her" into shutting up once it's in.

Alternately for a bit of fun you could put a big red button on the dash labeled "STFU" that cuts "her" out when you don't want to hear "her" complaining. I think I'd probably do that just for the fun of it in fact.

Guest livewire23

hey, maybe I could put a big red STFU button in my car without installing the talking lady. I could hook it up to the speakers to make some kind of low-key droning noise that would drown out anyone else in the car who was talking. :D Or even better, a door popper with an ejector seat.

I remember those talking lady things were cool for about the first 5 or 6 times that you heard them and then they would get old real fast! I had a friend, when I was stationed at Ft. Benning in the 80's, that had a Chrysler Laser with one in it and she was a biatch to listen to all the time.

Guest Tempe_Z

You could probably reprogram it on a limited basis if you really wanted to go to the trouble of reverse engineering it and then switching the chips where all the speech is stored to programmable flash memory. Not impossible by any means.

It's like the stupid Billy the Big Mouth Bass singing fish though, there's some linux based software that you can hook up to them via a serial port and make the fish say whatever you want although the actual speech is stored on the computer and the software just controls the movement of the fish and it's mouth. Actually I think if you do some web searching there's a few sites that have hacked the actual hardware on the fish to make it say other stuff without the need of an external computer. Same concept should work here theroretically.