HybridZ

POR-15

I used POR15 on my 1980 Honda (yeah before i got enought $$ to get a Z and before Honda learned to paint) and coated many rusty spots. Part was left uncoated and the rest was top coated with white. I used the clear version. In a year of exposure the top coated parts were perfect. The uncoated had broken down due to UV exposure and all but disappeared. I also have the steel top to a tool chest painted with the clear (over painted lettering) and it is fine, but this has been kept inside out of weather and UV light all its life. My opinion, its good stuff as long as you coat it to protect from UV.

Hold off before you do some more research. I bought the stuff and their Etching cleaner/ Metal Prep for mine and the stuff didn't work as well as I had hoped... Follw the instructions to the "T" or you won't have a permanent success and will be doing it over again. I don't hink I'll use it again... Next time will be etching primer and really good paint... Clean environment as well!

Mike :wink:

I have some on my hands right now, hard to get off :-D . just got back from out side, painted my R200 and M-bar. I sand blast every thing first.

I dont think my diff will see much UV (I dont drive it that hard :shock::-D ). I will try and keep the rubber side down.

Guest cowboy6280

I have used the stuff a bit, it works great when done correctly. Loose rust needs to be wire wheeled off or bare metal that has been blasted works good... needs a rough surface to adhere to, smooth metal wont work. It will end up coming off. If you are painting over it I would use their topcoat, when the POR-15 dries its rock hard and slick... some paints may not adhere properly... I have had better luck painting over it while its still a little tacky.