HybridZ

More sport 450 info

Lockjaw

Took the Zx out to play around tonight. I need to work on the WG actuator, it is only making the higher boost as the RPMS get up there.

Got out on the interstate and I am making about 7 psi when I get in it, and then boost builds. I got as high as 16 psi and that turbo is brutal, I had the speedo (130 mph) pegged out in a big hurry, and the car gets really squirrely.

To bad the drag strip wasn't open I could have gotten some times, however I got ahold of a yo boy in an integra, and well lets just say he can't even tell you what my tail lights look like, since they disappeared in a hurry. :D

The turbo makes boost and is very responsive, if I can just get the actuator issue resolved I should be in good shape.

Bye bye ricer.

More info. I guess I need to learn how to read the dial on the MBC, I had it turned off, so I wasn't getting boost pressure to the bottom port of the WG actuator. Fixed that.

I will say this, the car is a cruise missle now, with just 15 or 16 psi it feels faster then the old setup at 21 psi. The car is making a lot of power and really feels like it could use a cam to extend the powerband.

The car gets really loose when the boost gets up there in 3rd gear. Almost scary.

Times will be forthcoming.

I am not using the turbo XS one yet, but it is the two adjustment kind. I was thinking of trying it on the top port, and then having the one on the bottom for adjustment. The turbo XS stuff is supposed to reduce spool up time.

Either way, breaking drag radials loose as the boost comes up is fun. :D

Believe me Craig, when you run that turbo to 23psi you gonna be movin LOL I loved the way the car felt when it came up on boost. I was playing one time with a 57 chevy, and it looked like it was built somewhat.

So I see the guy at the light and I turn the corner(the wife was in the car with me) and I'm driving slow so the guy can catch up to me. The wife says are you driving slow to let that car catch up, I say I dont know, LOL and she laughes. The car catches up to me and I run second up to 3K and let the guy know I am interested, he looks over and taps his throttle, we take off, Now I am at 3K in second right, I nail it and it spools to 20psi right off the bat and the guy is way behind me, I love it to funny, we meet at the light and he gives me that look like your car is way faster then my chevy, and he asks me what are you running in that thing? I couldn't resist, an inline 6 I say, he says is it turbo, yea I say it is turbo, he says that thing took off. I laugh and say yea it does go when I want it to. LOL to funny, I love doing that.

I got that question from the Yo boy in the integra. What do you have in the car, I say 6 cylinder. Automatic response is does it have a turbo. I said it did and he said man that car is F'ing fast.

I just had to tell him I didn't have the boost working right, and it would get even faster when I got it straight.

Mustang guys are funny too.