HybridZ

Best Suspension for 240z isssss?

Guest tt350

Guest tt350

Can anyone provide me with the best coilover kit, combo info for a stock 240z (just what the kit is). If not coil over, then for normal. This is street car used once in a whille for road racing.

Thanks

I was seriously looking at some combo's from Tein. Get that with the electronically adjustable kit for the dampers (shocks), and it would be a great combo - and easily adjustable too. I haven't done enough research to see what a custom set would cost, or what sets from other cars may work.

I'd look into ZF Racing suspensions for control arms and such. Fully adjustable.

This is street car used once in a whille for road racing.

You don't really need coil overs for such a car. Some would argue you actually don't want them. For a car that is driven on the street a lot, look into the Nissan Euro springs (from MSA) with some KYB struts, a sway bar kit and full urethane bushing kit. This will give you a very flat handling car that still has adequate ground clearance and ride necessary for a daily driver. If you want to trade some ride quality for a little more performance, then you can adjustable struts and stiffer springs that still mount on the stock perches.

Coil overs have several advantages. They have a larger selection of spring rates, are slightly smaller in diameter (which allows slightly wider tires) and allow you to more easily adjust the ride height. Adjustable control arms are nice, but unless you are planning on investing some serious time racing and learning how to set them up, then you probably won't use all the adjustablity they have to offer.

Whatever you do, get the urethane bushing kit first. Do a search on this site before you buy because the kits can really vary in price.

I just cut about 1.5 coils off my front springs, I have 2+2 stuff in back, how much cut I dont know. I'll get coil overs eventually but the setup actually seems to work very well, this car has alot less body roll than a big American unibody without a doubt.

ZR8ED has stock struts/spring seats and is using Chevelle? springs and he really likes them. Depends on how much adjustability etc you want and where/how hard you expect to drive, but ZR8ED has a fair amount of track time in his street car using this setup.

His email is,

zr8ed@hotmail.com

or you could PM him

http://www.hybridz.org/phpBB2/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=131

Owen