HybridZ

My new ride

two40

Hi guys.

Not too long ago I was looking into modifying my 240 but hit a brick wall called 'Government'. They wouldn't let me fit a 350 chev into my 240 as the shell was too light for that engine. Keep in mind I'm in Sydney.

So I did the only thing I could. I bought one pre engineered with a 350. Pre 1994 they were allowed and anyone that engineered one before that could still register that car.

Without getting into specifics about the car, it looks ok, needs some cosmetic work to get it the way I want it and it goes well(for the time being anyway). It was set up for track so the handling is great.

rimg0064.jpg

image031.jpg

rimg0067.jpg

WOW! Nice find. Love the looks of that Z :2thumbs: . I always liked the blacked out trim and the cleaned up rear end. So, what are you going to do to the exterior to make it the way you want it? Personaly, I think it looks killer just the way it sits.

!M!

I had to go the picture properties and manually cut and paste the URL. Here they are:

http://onarun.esmartweb.com/Datsun/My_240Z/image031.jpg

http://onarun.esmartweb.com/Datsun/My_240Z/rimg0064.jpg

http://onarun.esmartweb.com/Datsun/My_240Z/rimg0067.jpg

Man that car looks great!!!!!!!!

Tim

I know, I'm trying to fix them, sorry but as Tim said you can drag them in the address bar. Thanks for that Tim.

Cheers guys.

I was thinking about going back to chrome trim but the blacked out look is growing on me. The side mirrors have to go for one and there are a few stone chips that need attention. Not too crash hot on the front bumper bar but who knows, it might grow on me as well. I'm also seeing some stress cracks in the paintwork around the pillars and one on the top of the hatch. Is this anything to worry about? The engine is solidly mounted but I'll be looking at changing that soon. Is this the cause of the cracks?

Those are not mini street flares from MSA. It's just been lipped to fit bigger rubber on the back. He managed to squeeze 255's under there.

Beautiful car. I can only wish to get mine ever looking that clean. I really like the no rear bumper look better than any others I have seen so far. Wonder if I could get away with it here in the states/.

Stress cracks are common on the 240's, I have them on my stock engined 240 also. The early ones flex a lot more than the later 280's (not all the weight gain was bumpers). Nothing really to "worry" about, but subframe connectors and/or some type of cage will stiffen everything up. Especially with a V8. I have heard of people complaining their hoods (bonnet) wouldn't close after a couple of hard launches.

Once again, nice car. Now all you need to do is move the steering wheel back to the proper side..... :wink:

Cheers guys.

I've had it at the mechanics yesterday and today and they were pretty impressed with my find too. A couple of problems though. The tappets and the left exhaust manifold gasket needs attention. No biggie I guess.

Jim P, I like the steering wheel where it is thanks :lol:

btw, it does have a roll cage but it's only a bolt on unfortunately.