HybridZ

Best way till TDC

well, ya'll were right..... again. I turned the crank from over the drivers side fender reaching down, while my hand was accross the motor plugging the no.1 hole. Yep, she was off 180. Good call. Well, back to dropping my oil pump for the 5th and definatly not last time (have the MSA oil pump spring kit on the way). Lets see if this baby starts today.

It`s an easy mistake to make. I`ve put engines together and never moved a thing. dropped the distributor in, tried to start and it pops back through the carb. :? after checking every possible cause it turns out to be 180 off. :roll: I think some kind of timing fairy was messing with it when I wasn`t looking. :?:

UPDATE: The car starts and idles good. Will rev ujp nicely. Went to take it for a test drive and it started out good. Then started not to feel right. The RPMS dont lkike to drop down in nuetral after accelerating. They take a couplke os seconds to drop. Right now i have it at what looks like 20 degrees, may be off a degree or two. A little playing with the afm and seemed to make it feel btter but still rpm's sticking. If in nuetrasl they fall back fine but after accelerating they dont. When i get back from work tonite i will do a search and see what comes up. And thanks for the help.

Ryan

tomarrow night i will have to go through and check. I have pretty much all of the vaccum lines hooked up to at least eachother, but now that you mention it my vaccum gauge is only reading like 19-20 hg where it used to read like 24. I bet this is my problem. I guess i will know tomarrow night.