.63 A/R

Stage 3 wheel

Compressor:

T04E

.60 A/R

60 Trim

Center section:

oil and water cooled

What I got was everything but the stage 3 wheel. My question is what impact would having only the standard wheel have on the performance of this turbo? I'm debating on spending the money and getting it modified for the stage 3 wheel but the cost is a little high at around $250 just to add it. I'll need a new wheel and the turbine must be machined to accept it. I got the turbo at a great price so it's not to bad.

Why are you not sending it back, and getting a refund? Who built the turbo for you?

I would send it back and get a refund or have the builder make it right, or I would trash him on this forum.

To answer your question. Without knowing what turbine wheel you have, but assuming it is a stock nissan one, or a small one, the 60 Trim compressor will outflow it by a wide margin, which will cause excessive backpressure, which creates heat, which will transfer into the compressor.

You need turbine flow to match that compressor, and it sounds to me like you and your builder need to have a pow wow. Do we need to create a HybridZ mafia to kick someone's A$$?

Guest jt240z

Looks like they didn't charge for it, so that's not to bad. Now I'm just deciding on should I go for the standard Stage 3 or the GT 10 Blade?

Guest Zcarsmakemyheadhurt

The only real difference between the stage III and a standard T3 shaft is the exducer is a bit larger on the Stage III and it is a clipped wheel. That means it will have a little more exhuast flow and spool is a bit faster. Not that much flow and not that much quicker spool. No big deal, your going to make the power no matter what. Good luck.

The only real difference between the stage III and a standard T3 shaft is the exducer is a bit larger on the Stage III and it is a clipped wheel. That means it will have a little more exhuast flow and spool is a bit faster. Not that much flow and not that much quicker spool. No big deal, your going to make the power no matter what. Good luck.

That sounds like a contradiction to me. If you have a bigger turbine and clipped blades, you will get more flow, but the spool will be SLOWER.

Ooops I am a little wrong the T3 has a 1.916 exducer and 2.320 Major dia. The stage III is 2.227 and 2.55. A difference no doubt and it will flow more but. The shorter clipped wheel has less mass and produces a quicker spool at least I found that when I swaped from a stock T3 to a E with the stage III. You'll be fine with the T3.

If you want it built like that it can but nothing comes with a stageIII from factory. Its a upgrade for Grand Nationals.

Your may not make 450hp that a stage III wheel with a E can produce but if you dont have large injectors and a kick butt fuel computer your not gonna hit that mark anyway. So if your looking for the big power and the money has been spent on the rest of the combo seek the larger turbine shaft. Peace out.

Alex C

Looks like your closer to a stage V wheel. Turbonetics catalog shows a 2.437 exducer and 2.795 Major Diameter for the stage V.

Looks like your closer to a stage V wheel. Turbonetics catalog shows a 2.437 exducer and 2.795 Major Diameter for the stage V how about that.

If you have your combination fully built with correct injectors and fuel computer to make 400hp+ then I would say up the turbine wheel for sure. If your car has a stock fuel computer and your not going to pass 12 to 15psi I don't think your going to need the upgraded turbine. The big qestion are you going to make the big power the TO4E can produce?