HybridZ

RB26DETT swap in 260Z

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hi all. My 260 will be undergoing an RB26DETT swap, with a Nissan Getrag 6 speed manual trany as well, this summer. What engine mounts should I use? I heard you can use 280ZX engine mounts and oil pan? Is that true? Also, what kind of front suspension modifications do I need to do (just to make it fit)? Any other major or minor modifications that need to be done, other than the obvious. Thanks in advance.

Dave

Welcome.

First, please do a search of this forum.

Everything you asked is answered more than once in this forum.

And second, the 6 speed cannot be used in a RWD setup,(you must use the 5 speed from the RB25 motor).

For a basic recap,

You need to either modify the 200zr pan,(was a Z31 300zx with a RB20 motor-very rare), or fabricate one of your own,(which several of us are doing).

Next, you can use either the 200zr motor mounts, or you can buy a set from Brad Davies,(they fit well and sit the motor down and back further than the 200zr mounts).

No mods are needed to the suspension to make it fit, but you might want to seriously consider a brake upgrade and stronger front springs,(the RB26 does weigh almost 200 lbs more than the L6).

You must custom fab a tranny mount and might be able to make the front part of the stock RB26 driveshaft work.

Now that I gave you the cliff notes answer,(which I say again, is all in this forum already, do a search), now the big question.

Do you honestly have any idea how much this really costs? Do you have more than $10k for this conversion? Don't forget it is much more than just the RB26 motor. You have the radiator, the intercooler, the fuel system, the custom fab'ed stuff, etc.. It most certainly does add up as I already know.

I think you will find it is far more complicated and expensive than you are willing to commit to...

-Bob

RB26 moron