HybridZ

rear differentials, are they all the same

Guest ZmeFly

Guest ZmeFly

i was searching for a LSD for my 280ZXT, and of course the 87-89 turbo would work just fine but it seems locating one in my neck of the woods is kind of hard.

the question is that i talked to one company that does a search of all the yards on there list and found one from an early infiniti M30. now he assures me that this rear is a LSD unit.

does anyone know if this is true??

i believe it was a 92-93 M30

thanks for any help or knowledge to this subject.

i figure these units if it is true would be much better concidering mostly older persons were driving the M30 and the diffs should be in great shape

Guest ZmeFly

i have no knowledge for sure and any knowledge or a legitimate site that i can go to to verify this.

any ideas on a site maybe that would have this info?

Guest ZmeFly

but havent found what im looking for. assuming that the M30 differential is a VLSD, would it bolt right up to the 280ZXT, or would there still need to be some modification done.

i know the 87-89 ZXT LSD bolts straight up, will that also?

thanks for the help

Guest Phil1934

The R230 stuff seems to be the way to go in the future over the R200 as every R200 I've found at the junkyard has had the stub axles pulled, so there must be room for improvement. Isn't it about time for a sticky at the top of this subject?

Go to http://www.taylor-race.com. He can LSD any ratio R-200. I talked with him last weekend at the SCCA races at Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth, TX. His company specializes in transmissions and differentials. He can convert any ratio R200 to an LSD plus he can provide custom geared transmissions, T-5's, T-56's, you name it. As usual though, he ain't cheap.

Guest cowboy6280

how do you attach pics on this? i have a pic on a jdm 300zx lsd diff... will this work on a 280z, what would i have to do as far as the cv axles? looking for advice from those who have the knowledge :D