HybridZ

If you have euro bumpers on a 280Z.. what front air dam?????

Guest ON3GO

Guest ON3GO

Question.

say you put on 240Z or Euro bumpers on a 280Z... can you still ge say a MSA front air dam for a 280Z or what?

will there be like a werid ugly gap showing because you took off the bigger front stock bumper?

anybody done this?

i searched but didnt come up with anything.

mike

The only difference in air dams between the 240 and the 280 is the turn signal light provisions in the airdam for the 240. I am using a 280 airdam and a fiberglass front bumper on my 240. I am not using the stock turn signal lamps.

Tim

Guest ON3GO

its in ok shape.

got the car for 500 bucks.

has 89K stock miles on the car. motor pulls strong.

paint is ok i guess... has rust on the side of the cars. frame rails and floors are great.. well some on the floors i think.

interior needs work..

now its time to start having fun :)

Guest ON3GO

ya. stripping it all down... sand blasting it, fixing all the rust, dents, dings, whatever. making it all clean and smooth. :).

then lots of coats of Skyline Bayside Blue, or Corvette Electron Blue paint.

with and dark dark gray/black painted Hood, ZG flares, rear panel, and MSA front air dam w/o air ducts.

along with ZG Mirrors.

then i gotta figure out rims and such.

But while the car is getting painted and etc ill be building a L28ET on my engine stand to drop in there.

not sure on tranny yet.

mike

Guest JAMIE T

Like Tim said, 280 and 240 air dams are the same except for turn signal provisions. I have Xenon air dams for both. They are identical other than signal light provisions.

what's required to put 240 bumpers on a 280? will the stock early 240 bumper brackets bolt onto the stock location for the 280 brackets? i tried to search for this topic after reading this thread... i recall glancing over the topic sometime within the last year. i seem to even recall someone, maybe fl327(?), mentioning he was going to make brackets for the rear to be able to mount the 240 rear bumper on a 280. i'm thinking of putting my spare set of euro bumpers on my 280 daily driver. and info here is greatly appreciated :D:D

sorry man, i cant sell them. i'll either use this spare set on the 280 daily driver or later on my orange 240. if i use them on the 280, i'll be in the market for another set for the orange 240 project after i finish the silver 240 and what i'm doing to the 280.

Guest Want aZ

Mike,

A word of caution about SAND blasting, you can cause TOO much heat in the panels and warp them...

Walnut shells arent as aggressive.

Just a work of caution

Congrats on your recent purchase, sounds like it will be quite nice....

Damon[/b]

what's required to put 240 bumpers on a 280? will the stock early 240 bumper brackets bolt onto the stock location for the 280 brackets? i tried to search for this topic after reading this thread... i recall glancing over the topic sometime within the last year. i seem to even recall someone, maybe fl327(?), mentioning he was going to make brackets for the rear to be able to mount the 240 rear bumper on a 280. i'm thinking of putting my spare set of euro bumpers on my 280 daily driver. and info here is greatly appreciated :D:D

I thought the 240 rear bumpers are narrower than a 280. that's why the 240Z rear quarters have the indents for the rear bumper. Either way you'll have to make brackets for the front and back.