HybridZ

other motorized hobbies/bad habits/money pits

randy 77zt

Guest Aaron

It seems that all the "toys" I buy are work equipment. I have my ZX, which hasn't moved from its spot at my dads house in 3 years. Other than that, I have two tractors that are mine. Ford 6600 and Kubota L2250. I also have access to and maintain several more on my grandmother's farm. The are and Allis-Chalmers WD-45 (it was papaw's baby and doesn't run well unless it likes you), a Ford Commander 6000, an Allis-Chalmers 6060, an Allis-Chalmers 185 and a Long. Plus the hay baler, mower, rake, fluffer, bush hog, dump truck, and a flatbed truck.

Some of my other favorite toys are my Dewalt 12" miter saw, Bostich Framing nail gun, and my newest toy, Scag Cougar riding mower.

The Scag has a 25HP Kohler engine. I have had it for two weeks, and I am threatening to cut the muffler off so it will sound more like a Harley while I am mowing. :D

Guest ON3GO

na the Z06 is my dads, but i drive it and wash it, and wax it, and detail it, and do everthing to it... i also showed my dad how to launch it, speed shift, powershift, etc etc..... i kinda showed him how to drive stick..

i even paid the 1st car payment. so i consider it kinda mine lol.

mike

Expenses:

'66 Mustang - driven since High School. No, not the original owner.

'77 280Z - current project

'85 Silverado - driven to the pull-a-part and back

'90 Beretta - Mrs. Trevor's mid-life crisis cure

'92 Explorer - the family truckster, 210,000 miles!

'02 Mustang - never see it, this Mustang and our daughter go to college

'03 Craftsman lawn tractor

Tyco Powerwheels, my kids must have every one.

Investments:

Smithy Mill and Lathe

Horzontal band saw

Various welders, air compressors, hydraulics.....

Well, I sold my KX500 las summer when I took an unexpected jump off a hill in the road at about 50 mph. I decided the bike was going to limit my life expectancy. Now I have a Yamaha Raptor atv.

Uh oh, no helmet, hmmmm....

album_pic.php?pic_id=729

na the Z06 is my dads' date=' but i drive it and wash it, and wax it, and detail it, and do everthing to it... i also showed my dad how to launch it, speed shift, powershift, etc etc..... i kinda showed him how to drive stick..

i even paid the 1st car payment. so i consider it kinda mine lol.

mike[/quote']

Uhh, somehow only the quote made it to the post... I have never powershifted any of my cars, just because it is hard on the trans synchros - and I sure wouldn't want to pay the price for a new Z06 transaxle :shock:

mobythevan, you really think a quad is safer than a dirtbike? I see many more trips to the ER in your future... Well, at least it is an even number of wheels. I REALLY want another dirt bike. Sold my KX250 and had already set my sites on an XR400. Two weeks later, no job. No job=no bike. Fortunately I've paid cash for all my crap or I'd be screwed. Economy ain't gettin' any better around here.

Guest polarity

This doesnt count as a motorized hobby, but right now my biggest money pit is Pool. The game of pool that is. I spend countless hours in a huge pool room playing. When your paying $6/hr plus food/drinks/tips... add onto that the fact that you need to buy a nice cue (anywhere from $800 up) and once you get a nice cue you need a break cue (maybe $400) it really adds up fast.. the more you play the more equipment you want. heh It would be much cheaper for me to just buy a pool table in the long run.

Lets see my most expensive hobby right now is a divorce lawyer.

Then I have a 2000 Silverado

83 280ZXT

74 260Z ( going to have to sell)

96 Seadoo SPX with ride plate, billet head and sponsons

Toro Personal Pace mower

Snapper Rear Engine Rider

Snapper Weedeater

Weedeater gas hedge trimmer

Weedeater gas blower

Stihl Chainsaw

Lincoln Welder

DR field and Brush mower

Thats about it for now. Maybe when I have some money again, I can buy some more toys. I like fast boats. But they are really expensive to maintain.

Guest ON3GO

well i just showed him how to powershift, i told him it wasnt good for the car but alot of Z06 owners say its not as bad on the Z06 because its all beefed up.

mike