HybridZ

jim cook supercharger

ive been loking for someone who has used one of the jim cook superchargers on a l series motor but have not been able to find any info. has anyone seen anyone who has used one of these? how well do they work?

thank you

zhins

No intercooler, supposedly adds about 50-75 HP I think I heard? Not worth it, I feel positive that is why you "can't" find anyone that runs it. Check Zcar.com though if you haven't already, if anyone does run it they may be there.

I know the setup comes with a holley projection efi setup, at least the later ones did. From what I have seen it is a nice kit. and probably adds a lot more torqueyness to the engine. It would not be as good a choice as a turbo, but better then a cam if you ask me.

My '78 beater will be getting a blower as soon as I get my Turbo '77 going again - when money permits (sigh).

I have a Camden Supercharger and Manifold that I got for a good price some time ago. I'm adapting the manifold for port fuel injection and using a billet 4-barrel holley - pattern throttle body on top of the blower.

Looks bad-ass, but I don't know what to expect for performance....

I plan to run low (7 psi ) boost on an 8:1 compression L28 with Haltech F9 and Zx Turbo injectors.

Like many here, I'm intrigued by the prospect of enhanced low -end torque in the L6, especially in a daily - driven streeter.

I'll definitely post results when/if this ever gets done.

Guest vodkaboy

I have actually been toying with the idea of throwing an Eaton M90 roots blower from a thunderbird SC, and poting it on the AC bracket, doing some custom plumbing (including mandril bent piping, intercooler, and snorkle), and then running 8 to 10 PSI