HybridZ

2.3 SVO w/ 5SPD

Actually I just did a report on the Mustang Vs. Camaro(for my Written Comm. class).

This was from a Mustang History site. It's talking about the 1983 model year here...

"A revised version of the turbocharged 2.3-liter SOHC four returned to the lineup, this time with electronic fuel injection that did a wonderful job of tempering turbo lag and increasing engine longevity. But its 142-horsepower output didn't seem all that impressive, especially since the 5.0-liter HO V8 now sported a four-barrel carburetor and was rated at 175 horsepower."

Here they are talking about the SVO 1984 version of the 2.3 Turbo...

"With its own unique appearance (single square headlamps in a grille-free front end, plus a unique dual-plane rear spoiler), the SVO was powered by an intercooled version of the turbocharged 2.3-liter four rated at an impressive 175 horsepower. "

Here they are talking about the SVO 1986 version of the 2.3L Turbo...

"The SVO Mustang's turbo four was recalibrated and its output was also 200 horsepower"

Here's the site where I got all this information from...http://edmunds.nytimes.com/reviews/generations/articles/93320/article.html

Hope that helps! :D

Guy

I am planning on doing that exact swap into my 71 240z, about 100 lbs lighter than the datsun motor and 190hp stock, I will be aiming for about 300hp, the problem is in mounting it, the motormounts for the 2.3 are right in the way of the steering column, I have cut and rotated my upper intake but need the lower alt bracket to make the final fit, I'll post pic's if I ever get done

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm interested in this as well, but we'll have to get some other guy's that are working on this to chime in. It was my original plan but ended up going SBC.

I'd suggest searching for other posts, there aren't many but maybe 3 or 4 guys working on this. None of them have been posting updates that I've seen. Maybe PM or email the other guy's you find doign the swap and see if you guys can get some information flowing on this.

Pullen the motor, ECU and Tranny tommorow, I'll be running the gauges and aux. The T/C is a badass 4 I just want to make sure I get all I need before I call it scrap.... I will be using the clutch/brake assy. as well. Any words of wisdom? Don't flame on my spellen I'm deep woods Texan.....Mk fun of my I accent I might just (You got a perrty mouth boy)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You got good buddy, thanks for the response, I thought about posting it local. I't will be a nice shell for a strip car.... All Windows, Interior and body are in great shape......(Sales Pitch, I'm a slut).....PM Me. for parts.