HybridZ

I bought a 95 Viper Rear suspension 4 the 240z

No it is a dana 44 and it is different than the corvette dana 44. Remember that do not break with 500 ft/lbs of torque and 460 hp on 345/25/18's in a 3350lb car. I hope it will hold with my LS1 and slicks. Wheelies here I come!

Scottie the suspension does not tie to the differential, so I can mount the suspension anywhere I want. Then shorten the axles to fit. This may be too easy. :-)

The real problem is the viper is 6 lug on 4.5 inch. I may have to go to the furd bolt pattern. The holes alway are in the way for a redrill.

Remember that do not break with 500 ft/lbs of torque and 460 hp on 345/25/18's in a 3350lb car.

Yes they do. I can put my hands on at least a dozen broken Viper rears done with stock motors making less horsepower and torque then you list above. Heat is their big problem.

When you got the rear suspension did you note the angles of the upper and lower control arm inner mounts? Those angles (in both planes) are critical to getting the correct caster and anti-dive and you'll have to duplicate that or you'll end up with some really weird geometry.

Good luck and call Erik Messley at (714) 713-9096. He knows the Viper and the Z better then most anyone out there.

Guest livewire23

while we're on the topic, anyone know of some good IRS's that are a bit narrower than the vette or viper? I'm thinking about swapping the whole IRS out of my car, (just a thought), but I dont want to hack up the halfshafts. Would a 280ZX rear suspension setup fit into a 280Z bolt-in? I want something with replaceable struts so i dont have to cut and weld when i go coilover.

Guest livewire23

you still have to grind off the current struts though right? That's alright, I finally dropped the entire transverse link and I'm done hating it for now.