HybridZ

fuel injection

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I've been looking at an LT1, pretty much just because I want fuel injection. are there any other optioons for a 5.7L instead of moving up to like an ls1 or ls6 or anything liek that?

Your options are wide and varied. Go to the Fuel Injection BB and do a search there... I'm personally using a cutler intake (Similar to a Victor Jr.) with 1000CFM TB, 42# injectors, and a Holley Commander ECU to drive everything.

Mike Kelly :D

here HOLLEY MAKES LOTS OF GOOD EFI INTAKES

http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Products/AMS/AMSM/9901-101-1.html

http://www.fuelinjection.com/holley.html

THE NEW STEALTH RAM HAS THEM ALL BEAT THOUGH look 1/2 way down this site

http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/WhatsNew/WhatsNew.html

The 91504201 is a complete MPFI kit. Comes with Upper, Lower, Rails, Regulator, 30 lb/hr injectors, 58 mm billet TB, IAC adapter, IAC, All sensors, Harness, ECU, Software, 255 LPH fuel pump, pretty much everything you need to install a complete MPFI system.

The 81504001 comes with everything mentioned above except ECU, harness, and fuel pump.

The ports as cast are very close to a 1205 gasket (which is the recommended gasket). I think you can open them up to a 1206 no problem

be aware the large cap HEI distributor with the coil in the cap won,t fit the stealth ram intake. got QUESTIONS? DOUG in the EFI forum at CHEVYTALK.COM is a HOLLEY engineer that developed the STEALTH RAM , ask him! I alread bought one and am in the process of swapping out another HOLLEY EFI setup to try it out as soon as the last parts get here,(come-on U.P.S. GUY)

Please keep us posted Grumpy! That intake looks REALLY nice and DOUG is a terrific guy who dishes out lot's of good advice on that forum. He's really good about not simpy talking up Holley and he sure knows their product line pretty good it seems. Nice guy! Make sure you take pics of th enew intake for us smile.gif

Hey Grumpyvette - what are the steps to go to a distributorless ignition as far as the pre-LT1 blocks go?

Just use a smaller distributor and don't use it for ignition - only to turn the oil pump?

I am considering a DART or World Products block, but don't believe they make one for replacing an LT1/LS1/LS6.

Plug the distributor hole up and go dry sump would be expensive, but w/turocharging might provide some packaging options....