HybridZ

Carter Electcic Fuel Pump

72zcar

I am about ready to buy the carter fuel pump for my v8z. I see in the summit catalog the are two that might for my stock 350. Should I get the 5 psi street pump part number crt-p4070 or the 7 psi street strip crt-p4594? And is the 7 psi 4594 louder than the 5 psi pump. Also, is a regulator required for these pumps? thanks, bob

check it out...im thinking.. why is it ok for bird irritating sound people to need to make normal people to be tortured and made to feel like the irritation is the proper punishment for the normal people.

Huh?!? Maybe you could re-phrase that last part...

I've got the 5-7 psi carter and yes you should run a regulator. Make sure you mount it strait or they can sing like a banshee.

Oh, sorry I got mine at Jegs and I was wrong about the flow, it was the 6-8 psi version. At summit it's the 7 psi street/strip pump. Thanks for the explanation on the birds - get a cat that likes to climb and you're set. Good luck wit da gas pumper, bro.

I purchased the Carter Competition Series Silver pump from Jegs and it does not need a regulator.

http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=3210&prmenbr=361

I used the original Datsun mounting bracket and housing slightly modified. It fit pretty good after a little trial and error. I couldn't get the little bracket that comes with the pump to work anywhere for me so I did not use it.

• 1 month later...

I have the 5-7 lb pump. Use a regulator.

Also I hope you like the sound of

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Because that's what mine sounds like, even with a decent exhaust note and insulation. Do yourself a favor and put a rubber line between the steel line going up to the frame and the pump, and between the pump and the tank. It will vibrate the whole car. :shock:

Al :D

Guest zfan

Anyone have a video of the two lesbians going at it with a giant vibrator in the back seat :shock::D . Ok so I'm a old pervert, some things just can't be helped :D Oh and yeah the Holley blue is noisy :D I replaced mine or should I say the two lesbians.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

I've had the holley blue, red and the carter in my Z. Each one was carefully isolated with grommets, rubber fuel line, etc. In my experience, the Red was overall the quietest, followed by the Carter, which starts out loud, but gets better after running for a while. :?:

• 2 weeks later...