HybridZ

Quaife group buy options

Forrest

Hi guys,

I'm exploring Quaife (automatic torque biasing differential internals) group

buy options, for the R200, part number 44.309.150. For anyone who doesn't know about Quaife ATB's, read this:

http://www.quaifeamerica.com/differentials/diffs.htm

MSA has them for $1260 (after discount, before shipping)

I'm talking to a guy who does group buys and he has quoted me 1150$ each for 2, 1100$ each for 4, shipped. (They can all be shipped to different locations, we just all have to pay at the same time.)

I'd like to get that price down some more, so if any of you are seriously

interested, please email me.

Another option would be to talk to Ross at Modern Motorsports about a group buy, since he has the whole "installation" package. I've had a hard time finding someone to do the install locally. If several of you are interested in an "installed" group buy instead of internals only, please email me and I will contact him. I am open to either option, whatever saves the most cash.

I know this is a lot of money even if we were getting wholesale prices, so please email me only if you're ready to do it soon.

Thanks!

-Forrest

Edited by BRAAP
Edit per OP request.

Guest De Schmaydee

....i'll do it.....i've always planned on getting one...not really sure whats up w/ the installed thing ...whats that? ....s

I know a guy here in the Dallas-Ft. Worth are that is a Quaiffe rep and works a lot with SCCA. Let me find his card and get that info to you so you can get a competive quote going here. He'll do the conversion for you too if you want it. He'll also change out your ring and pinion to a different ratio if that's what you want.

Guest De Schmaydee

...this place has a lot of good stuff....and it looks like they arent skeeered...to jump right in there and do whatever mods need to be done on the driveline.... ...s

Just an update - Ross has decided to go ahead and give a group discount for all orders placed during the next week (I assume that's between now and May 30th.) The price is 1550 + return shipping for the quaife setup and diff rebuild. That price is only good for mailed checks/money orders.

His site is here: http://www.modern-motorsports.com

Guest thepenguin99

Anyone know how hard they are to install? I have read about installs in other cars and it didnt sound overly complicated.

That is installed, Ross doesn't offer a parts only option, but you can email him if you'd like.

I have to go with an installed option, as I don't have anyone locally with quaife experience, and I want to make sure this is done correctly with the amount of money I am spending. From what I have heard it requires very specialized tools to do the install.

Anyone who wants to get the internals only, you have a few options:

1) MSA has them for 1260$, after the IZCC discount.

2) This group buy guy on GroupBuyCenter.com (search for quaife) can get them, and he offered me a price of 1150$ each for 2, and 1100$ each for 4. That includes shipping, and that sounds good. I would strongly suggest you make sure you have someone to do this installation and differential rebuild before you get the unit, or your 1100$ may end up sitting in a box for a while (which is what one of the people who replied to my original IZCC message told me happened to him.)

Other installed options:

I called Taylor Racing and their price for install, rebuild, and parts cost was 1700, and there may be another 75-100$ in seals and bearings you have to add to that.

Both Taylor Racing and MM have good reputations. MM has given us a pretty good deal, so at least for the handful of people I'm talking to, that's where our Quaife business is going.