HybridZ

Good source for G-nose?

Guest thepenguin99

Guest thepenguin99

I have convinced myself that I like how the g-nose looks and its really not much more expensive than me buying an air dam/front bumper. Does anyone know who sells a nice one? Also, who sells the headlight covers with chrome surroundings?

Guest thepenguin99

I have seen that G-nose and it doesnt look like a real g-nose....its got anair dam thingy on the bottom. I am looking for something that looks almost exactly like the original g-noses. BTW were they originally metal or always fiberglass?

Personally, If I had to do it all over again I'd stay away from Showcars - I bought a g-nose and am still unhappy with it. Poor fit is the primary problem, and lack of response to getting the issue delt with is the other.

....and now I see he's using some pics of my car to advertise the g-nose on Ebay! :shock: Like I'm a happy buyer! :fmad:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2415980677&category=42611

...my car is the green 280

Frankly, this piece is going to cost another couple of hundred to correct. I like the look, but at the same cost I could have gone original....

A freind just did the G-Nose conversion, and it took the body shop at least 10 hours to get it to fit. They had to fabricate brackets, and grind it to get it to mate up with the fenders and hood correctly. It was the MSA one, which is probably the same as Showcars. Poor fit. It looks awesome however. He had the fake bumper part painted satin black, and the rest of the car is a dark silver. It looks great. Figure at least another $500 in bodywork to get it to fit.

Pete

:? I'm that guy who had to pay a shop 10 hrs to fit the so-called bolt-on g-nose to his car. It wasn't just grinding, they had to cut and add a section in the front to make it fit right. Plus there were no bolts to connect it to the fenders, they had to be epoxied in. Does look great however. Now, if I can only get the hinges completed. Hinges are NLA as are the chrome trim and headlight covers. I was told if I was to find them that I could expect to pay upwards of $1,000. for a set.

aviatorx, the pictures that showcars is using that are of your Z? did you take those pictures? or did he? If you took them and did not give him explicit permission to use them for other than to fix your problem then you can demand he not use them. I'd contact a lawyer!

• 2 years later...
:? I'm that guy who had to pay a shop 10 hrs to fit the so-called bolt-on g-nose to his car. It wasn't just grinding, they had to cut and add a section in the front to make it fit right. Plus there were no bolts to connect it to the fenders, they had to be epoxied in. Does look great however. Now, if I can only get the hinges completed. Hinges are NLA as are the chrome trim and headlight covers. I was told if I was to find them that I could expect to pay upwards of $1,000. for a set.

You'll find new Hinges for G-noses here ............(http://baddogparts.com/index.htm )

Ken....

As far as the MSA nose goes ( app.700.00$ shipped)........My friend Brian and I fitted his up and found it required about 30 hours of attatching and reinforcing and re attaching ....then LOTS of body line building to correct all the misfittments there were.

Its obvious they don't have a Z car to test fit their parts once pulled from the mold and then they attach they're mounting flanges.Or they would have caught this long ago before shipping them out.

I'm building mine from steel to avoid all the problems......then I'll build the mold.( ..and yes Mikelly, it will take 10 months or more !) lol.

Vinny 8)