HybridZ

What I had in mind to go into my Z.

Guest tt350

Guest tt350

This is kind of what im shootin for. Looks not too expesive to pull off. But it also looks like a FRIGGIN MONSTER! :D

100_0023_JPG.jpg

Ill defintely need something like a hood scoop, or ill need to go with the FI like the LT1's.

Whaddya guys think?

Looks not too expesive to pull off.

Your kidding right? :shock: Looks pretty expesive to me? and lots of custom work! Custom work = $$$$$$ But it sure does look BAD A$$! :D

I thought you were selling your Z?

Guy

Guest tt350

Well yes, im sellin the Z (and its still in my garage). I have decided that goin to SA and staying there is a HUGE waste of time. I will ose about 60 units if I transfer there. Its just not worth it. So, Ill sell the Z (I dont really like this one cuz it has an auto and a moon roof, and rust), and when I come back from summer over there, Ill buy me a good one that has no rust so I can start right away on the frame rails, roll cage, suspension, brakse, and then finally the engine. I will be (I hope) doin most of the fab work myself. Seems the biggest fab work are the headers, cuz if I go with the LT! style intake, then Ill just have to run kind of a straight pipe right into the FI. Later on, when I go to IC, ill have to do some heavy fabbing.

Ya, so im not starting this for three months, but expect this beast to be on the road within 1-7 years after I return :D

That was a Firebird that was at the Southeast Zcar Shootout in Reynolds, Georgia. It is a beast but still didn't make a full pass the whole day. I only recall it trying to make one pass and something going wrong.

If a little rust and a sunroof scares you then the thought of trying to transplant that into a Z should give you a heart attack. You need to formulate a realistic plan and stick with it.

Guest tt350

A LITTLE RUST? HA!

Man your funny!

Its not that it scares me, but I want to start out "fresh", you know. Ill be okay with a car that has a little rust, but mine has frame rails rotted through! I know I can replace em, but the car's body also needs a lot of work. If I start off with a car like this, I know im gonna get discouraged and probably wont finish (or at least itll take me forever).

Guest eric-z

well in the for sale forum you said....

Main rust areas are pass. side frame rail, floorboard, and some on the body, but not too bad.

I don't mean to be critical but you could at least stick with one story.

eric

Guest tt350

LOL. Caught me. What I meant there was that the whole car wasnt too bad. But the Frame rails are. Not tryin to defend here. But if I was gonna sell it, I was gonna take pics and stuff to show it, and let the people judge. It might look bad to me, but not someone else.

Actually, the rest of the car is pretty clean rust wise, such as the wheel well seems just to have surface rust. The body has rust, but nothing rotted through. It does have a LOT of bondo, as I have found out yesterday :x

I really need to borrow a digital cam and post pics, soon I hope.

Just from hearing all this about your car tt350, I wouldn't even try to save it or anything like it. If you are going to go through with this TT350 project then you need a completly rust free car. No if's, and's or but's about it! Basically you need to find a perfectly good Z and hack it up! LOL :D

Guy

Guest tt350

BTW, this car I think would serve much better as a great parts car than a driver (unless your into the whole restoration thing). It is regesterd however, but the springs are bad, so I wouldnt drive it more than 10 miles if I were you.

Ill let it go for $500 OBO. I am serious about this OBO thing. This car has a very good engine and tranny, R180 rear (it leaks because the gasket dried I guess), and it has some very nice wheels on it. They are 15 inch wheels and have 265 tires on them. Pretty dam wide, but they hit the front air dam when you tur, (I took off the air dam in the front). Most everything is there, the interior is missing some peices. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but since the car has been brought up anyway... :-D

But I NEED to get rid of it. Ill try to get some pics up soon.

This was my first Z car, and I fell in love with it (even though it looks ugly as hell (mostly the faded paint). So im kinda sad of letting it go, but if there is one better out there, might as well do it the right way.

Man, i need to get back to studying :?

Guest tt350
You need to formulate a realistic plan and stick with it.

tt's only problem is that he has "premature" scope creep.

I dont know what the hell you old guys are talkin about. :D

No seriously, "Premature scope creep". Never heard of anything like that in my life!

Im just kidding about the old guy thing. But im guessing your pretty old to know what "Premature scope creep" is. :-D

All RIGHT! Im not postin anymore. I know its fun and all, but I really NEED to finish this goddam paper for philosophy. Anyone here a philosophy major, by any chance?

Guest tt350

Sweet! Ive seen that car before, maybe when I was about 16. It is a tube frame chassis (whoa), and the setup is absolutely stellar! I like it, even though there is no intercooler. Must not be runnin very high PSI.

One thing i love about it is that its soooooooo friggin simple, its beutiful. Now simple is a relative term, but compraed to that Trans Am up top, its much better.

Thanks for that post man.

How much power you think hes making? And why tube frame? Those dam 944's are rock solid, all youll really need is a roll cage. Eh, guess he loves wastin cash.

Sure is a sweet car though.

Guest tt350

HOLY CRAP! I just noticed that he DOES have IC's. dam, no it aint really very simple anymore, didnt see those lines goin down towards the IC and then routed up back into the FI. Very cool. It looks like from the 2nd pic that the turbo is shot straight through the IC. :oops:

Anyway, yup, now in my book, its an ultimate car (with the IC).