HybridZ

fender mirrors

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

anybody got fender mirrors on their car?? i just got a set for my z and they dont seem too good for rear veiwing..... is there some adjustment inside the mirror? also, can anyone give me the measurements between the inside edge of the fender next to the hood and the mirror mounting hole and between the edge of the headlight bucket seam and the hole?

all i can see is the fender and a small amount of space right beside the car. if i twist the mirror around a bit it just gets worse...... the car isnt on the road right now, so maybe im over reacting. thanks in advance for any help....

dominic

I'd always thought the Japanese cars had fender mirrors because they allowed for better viewing area, and I was thinking about getting some. Then I read an article that gave the real reason - fender mirrors reduce the overall width of the car, and that puts a car in a lower tax bracket. They are apparently less practical. A friend of mine took those off his car after he had them for a while, and sold them. He wasn't happy with the visibility.

The upside is that they are extremely unique and pretty cool looking. So, if you want to sell them there are plenty of buyers, and if you want to keep them, just don't plan on switching lanes quickly. :)

-Forrest

Guest ON3GO

are they the rear ZG mirrors, or ones that look like them? if so where ya get them and how much if u dont mind me asking.

Thanks

mike

Guest Anonymous

well im definately keeping them, even though they arent the greatest.... they cost me 250 shipped for nos mirrors from japan. i have to say that they are the coolest mirrors for the Z imho. noone, and i mean noone i have ever seen in this area (SC) has them, but they do seem to lack in the functionality.

nic

On my fairlady Z the mirror on the passanger side is 11 1/2 inches fron the headlight bucket seam and 7 3/4 inches from the hood seam (to the center of the mounting hole) and on the drivers side it is the same but it is 7 3/4 away from the hood seam. I hope that helps

• 4 years later...
On my fairlady Z the mirror on the passanger side is 11 1/2 inches fron the headlight bucket seam and 7 3/4 inches from the hood seam (to the center of the mounting hole) and on the drivers side it is the same but it is 7 3/4 away from the hood seam. I hope that helps

Great info! Thanks for posting this for us!

Maybe some pictures of the mirrors you got? I was going to get some of the bullet style mirrors for the fenders of my 240z.

Like these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-S-S-Bullet-Mirror-s-Kit-Car-Datsun-240Z-280Z-Imp-Vee_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33649QQihZ008QQitemZ180217293647QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Are these like the ones you have? And will these even work as fender mirrors? Where else can I get chrome fender mirrors shaped like this?