HybridZ

keeping it cool

use a 81-83 zxt radiator, top two bolts line right up, the lowers you have to fab something up or leave them off, i left them off, i run a 180 therm, and it stays right around there at all times in street driving (a hair before the middle of the guage), and run 175-77 on the freeway (a little less than half the stock guage), bottom line, keeps my turbo car cool, even now, i have this oil cooler and intercooler blocking the air path, it cools great.

no new hoses either, old ones line right up with this one.

if i did another v8z, i would use this radiator, thats how much i like it.

Another option is to take your stock radiator to a shop and have it recored to a 3 row core. I did it some years ago for only $100. My 3 row core cools well. I have read posts on this site that the MSA 4 row core radiator doesn't cool very well. At some point the extra surface are from adding additional rows gets overwhelmed by the added restriction to air flow. A 3 row core should cool well.

thats a good suggestion, and cheaper than going and getting another radiator then getting it rebuilt. any radiator shop can build you a three core out of the stock z radiator for about 100.00, and it should serve you well. gonna need a new radiator myself in a couple months or so, mine has seen better days.