HybridZ

ZX Turbo Air Flow Meter & injector Questions

ecp48

Guest livewire23

the turbo injectors are a bit bigger. But if you run turbo injectors with a stock ECU, you will run pretty dirty rich. I have turbo injectors, and I havent gotten my A/F gauge to get out of rich yet... (I think maybe its not wired up right... :D)

Guest Chase280

There is a lot to be had from a ZXT AFM swap but you have to remember it is a whole system. That AFM will only flow as much as the filter,TB,manifold,head, and the exhaust can flow. Don't expect much out of a TAFM swap if you have not upgraded the other things.

Chase

78 280

Thanks Chase,

I have replaced the throttle body (240SX), Air Filter (Hi Flo K&N) and cleaned up the head. Also used a Monza Header with duals. the AFM was a real question in mind, as a restriction. I'll track down a Turbo AFM to complete it.

Ed Palmer

• 1 month later...
Guest z1 performance

When I first upgraded the injectors on my car from the turbo units, we swapped the 'guts" of the original 79 AFM into the housing" of the Turbo AFM, then simply adjusted spring tension to get things where we wanted. Problem was I still could not dial out enough fuel, so we ended up just fitting the TEC II.

• 11 months later...
the turbo injectors are a bit bigger. But if you run turbo injectors with a stock ECU, you will run pretty dirty rich. I have turbo injectors, and I havent gotten my A/F gauge to get out of rich yet... (I think maybe its not wired up right... :D)

btw, if its not *too* much more cc wise, you can drill out the MAF and adjust the A/F ratio there ;)

• 1 month later...