HybridZ

Exhaust Odor

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I am looking for any tips on how to determine where my problem is coming from. When car is running there is a very noticeable exhaust smell. I think it may be a crack near the manifold?? What is the best way to find out exactly where the problem is, and if it is the manifold is this something i can replace or should a professional do it?

Thanks

tail light seals: take tail lights off and seal them with silicone.

hatch:

This is most likely the mail problem. I sealed everything in the car... still got fumes, hatch seal looked fine. Then I bought a roll of thin self adhesive foam strip and put it to the hatch on the underside. not all the way around... only on the bottom side and about 8-10 inches up the sides from the bottom. use the thin stuff. You will have to slam the hatch the first few times. if the hatch won't close take a couple inches off the sides. No more fumes for me at all! I used to drive around crying the fumes were so bad...

• 7 months later...
Guest 240hybrid

http://www.hybridz.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=29414

Just about every solution in this thread. I have come to find that the rear hatch seal is the problem in my car and many others. Advanced auto parts has a great roll of stripping that is real nice and thick and has wire reinforcement in the part that goes over the flange. Best $30 seal I have bought for my Zcar....like mentioned it'll be tight to close the hatch for a little while, but the benefits are worth it.

Good luck

Chase