HybridZ

Drove Car in Rain and ........

Phantom

it worked like a champ! Gotcha! No fender-benders for this guy. Second gear starts, shifts at 2,000 RPM, and never more than about an inch of throttle. I have a whole new respect for guys who drive high performance vehicles every day and the inclement weather skills required.

Yea, my family and friends gave me crap about buyin a "winter beater" '98 Dodge Dakota R/T and putting the Z up in storage. What they don't know is that although yea the truck has no rearend weight and 350lb-ft of torque, overall it is heavier and doesn't float nearly as much over snow/wet roads as the Z does. So i can drive the good ole truck through just about anything without any trouble at all because of 6 years of drivin the Z all year round. :D

(my opinion though, a stick shift makes it a lot easier, no worrying about..."is it going to up/down shift around this turn and spin me"...so i miss that about the Z)

Know what you mean. Texas weather is a lot milder than Ohio but we still have our bad days in the winter. that's why I'm keeping the stock '83zx. It's going to be my bad weather car. For really crappy weather I'll use the wifes 4x4 Grand Cherokee.

Rained again today and still drove the hot rod. Got on it a bit harder today with good results. Still being VERY careful, though.

All year round driving down here in Aus, our winters are just cold with some rain ,no snow or below zero temps during the day. We are lucky in that respect.

The only problem we have is cooling in summer where the temp can exceed 40 degrees C for days at a time.

Hahaha' date=' rain? Maybe i should go take a pic outside of Sunny CA. :lol:[/quote']

Yeah, but hows those lungs feeling? LOL I lived in San Gabrial Valley for ever, and the air is what'll getcha... :D

I think they get whats called "smog" over there :lol: I live right on the beach baby!

Guest Tim78zt

Phantom, you should have been with us (Dallas and FW Z Clubs) yesterday out at Motorsport Ranch. I drifted off a corner at 30mph!! That track was just like ice!! Slickest surface I've ever seen. It got worse and worse lap after lap. At least I didn't spin like someone in a Z32 and a 350Z did!!

Tim78zt in Ft Worth

What!!!!! I was told it was cancelled!! I was planning on being there. Oh well, maybe next time! Besides, there is absolutely no way I'm ever putting the LS1 on a wet track. It would be bad enough with the old L28 - a disaster with the LS1.

Well, I'll be at the Cowtown Z Club meeting this Thursday night. I don't even like street driving in the rain but I'll do it to get it to the club meeting if it is raining Thursday like forecast.

Very slick track. I did my share of 4 wheel drifts, almost loosing it several times, but it was oh so much fun. Nothing like the tell tale sounds of the rear tires hopping for traction.

I was sorry to see you didn't make it Phantom. There weren't to many close calls, but I'm sure you would have had a good time, rain or not.

It seemed the Z32's had more trouble then anything else, which I didn't think would be the case. Seeing acouple 350's slide around was a good feeling, while in the ugliest car out there. I really need to finish that body work :lol:

All year round driving down here in Aus' date=' our winters are just cold with some rain ,no snow or below zero temps during the day. We are lucky in that respect.

The only problem we have is cooling in summer where the temp can exceed 40 degrees C for days at a time.[/quote']

40 degrees C?!? That is one HOT day or two. Where is Melbourne in relation to the coast?

Davy