HybridZ

What fluid for a LSD

Cody 82 ZXT

I should be getting my LSD on Thursday if Fedex delivers as estimated. I've been wanting one for years but, never had the money when one was avaible or there was never one avaible when I had the money. Somehow everything lined up this time. Anyway, what fluid should I run in it. I been told Royal Purple 75/90. Do I need any type of additive?

By the way it's the one out of an '87 model. Thats the one I want right? I hope so since the moeny has already changed hands.

I use a typical synthetic 75/90 and then the GM LSD additive. I progressively add the additive until it no longer crabs on tight/slow turns. Work your fluids into your clutch plates with slow tight turns initially to get them all properly lubricated.....if you have crabbing (feels like it's locked) on corners then you need some more LSD additive.

If you use David's suggested fluid you may not need the additive, see if it crabs at all on low speed corners and you'll know:)

Enjoy!

Work your fluids into your clutch plates with slow tight turns initially to get them all properly lubricated.....if you have crabbing (feels like it's locked) on corners then you need some more LSD additive.

So your telling me that less is better for the additive? Does adding to much additive reduce the effects of the limited slip?

I got the LSD today and hopefully I'll start on getting it installed on Wednesday. That is if I actually get some of my day off that I'm supposed to have.

Also is this a one man job or what I've never changed one out and this thing is oretty heavy. Any pointers?

Well, I got it done. I haven't even driven the car yet. Wow thats a job for one person. I wish I had called my brother over to help out. Also I didn't know you had to change out the flanges. I had to make a puller beore I could finish. Why is there ALWAYS more to job then you think there will be? I usally prepare pretty well but, I tolttlay forgot about the flange thing. OH well it done. Now for some drive time and less burnt rubber.

Guest 240hybrid
Now for some drive time and less burnt rubber.

Less....Now you'll be burning both tires up at the sametime, doubling the burnt rubber. :lol: jk

Less....Now you'll be burning both tires up at the sametime' date=' doubling the burnt rubber. :lol: jk[/quote']

Your right it still spins the tires but, has more control. It's been raining here more than usual and today is the first day that it's been real dry. I hit some corners hard and it's much better than before. It used to want to slide out and let the engine redline. Now it hits the tires and moves the car forward while spinning some. Much better for control and the car.