HybridZ

2 fast 2 furious web site is a JOKE!!

utvolman99

I really wish that movies like this would hire some people who actually know something about cars. There web sight lists the stats for all the cars in the movie and they are a laugh!

Mitsu Evo

2.0L inline

280hp @ 4500 RPM

215 LBft @ 4500 RPM

0-60 4.9 sec

13.8 in the 1/4

Nissan Skyline

2.6L Twin Turbo

505hp @ 6000 rpm

444lb/ft @ 5500 rpm

0-60 4.9 sec

13.8 in teh 1/4

YEAH, everyone knows the evo is just as fast as a skyline! :roll:

Mitsu Spyder

3.0L

210hp @ 5500

205lb/ft @ 4000

0-60 6.7sec

15.5 in the 1/4

Okay, this I can believe

Porsche 911

2.0L

210hp @ 6500rpm

250lbs/ft @ 6000

0-60 4.5 sec

12.5 in the 1/4

Okay, I have a feeling they took the 0-60 and 1/4 mile times from a turbo 911!

Old Chalenger (Late 60s?)

426CI

425 hp @ 5000

490 lb/ft @ 4000

0-60 6.6 sec

14.8 in the 1/4

I guess I could buy this...

03 Dodge Ram

3.7L V6

210hp @ 5200

230lb/ft @ 4000

0-60 5.5 sec :shock:

14.0 in the 1/4

This is my personal fav. I have an 03 Ram with the HEMI and they run in the mid to high 14s for a regular cab (like mine) and even with 345hp are NOWHERE near 0-60 in 5.5!

NSX

I can buy the stats on the NSX

I will not even read what it has to say about the pink S2000!! :roll:

Guest smoov280zx

Isn't the lancer in the movie a regular "crappy american" version, not the new evo 8 or whatever is about to come out? And i'm no porsche expert, but 210 hp for any new model 911 sounds really low, but if it's a 2.0 it must be a damn 67-71 model RS or CS.(i haven't seen the movie, so i don't know). So anyway, great. Now all the ricers will be running around spouting way-off numbers and stats on other cars. If i can sound really arrogant just for a second: "The ricer society is an industry that perpetrates its' own ignorance. Kind of makes you sad that these fools will read these stats on the website and take it for gospel truth. But when you pull beside them at the light and they've got limp bizkit or the new ludacris blaring with the APC Type S muffler, there is no greater satisfaction than dropping the clutch at 4 grand absolutley blistering that bitch before he can even slam his mashed-potato transmission into the next gear :rockon::rockon::rockon: . Gotta love a 3.90."

Thats my rant for the day. Later.

Mitch

:roll: Wow, those times do not even match the hp numbers...And the Porsche numbers are obviously wrong - there's no Porsche now with a 2 liter (and it wouldn't run twelves). I think I'll save my money for something useful, like lunch.

Guest gprix1

After the first movie I refuse to watch the second on principle. I know someone is going to get on this thread and say "Hey man, it's just a movie" but that is just no excuse as far as I'm concerned. To me it's a slap in the face to the import scene and an embarrassment.

The glass is half full though, the misled masses will believe in this crap and further believe they have something for my 383ci 240Z making my daily drive a turkey shoot,. so Thank You, 2-Stupid-to be-Taken-Serious.

HAHAHA, A couple of my friends went to the movie and said it was OK. One was quick to point out that there was a LOT of CG racing scenes and I can believe it since the cars the actually drove were stock in reality (I think). Oh, and one of them said he thought I would like the movie. HMM, no. I guess he thinks I'm a boy racer (geeesh) because I talk about my 280 every now and then.

As for those numbers, wouldn't the Challenger with like 425 hp do better than 0-60 in 6.6 and 1/4 in 14.8?

Pat

Guest smoov280zx

According to super2nr tv a couple of weeks ago, all of the cars actually were stock. They said the s2000 was the best of the bunch, must have been an ailing skyline i guess. :bonk:

To bad the movie stinks so bad. I wish someone could come out with a decent racing/driving movie. Biker Boys was the exact same thing. A bunch of crap just to make some money and give another false outlook on the "race scene". Oh well, maybe one day someone will get smart and make something worth watching. Until then I will stick with the classics like Grand Prix.

Guest eric-z

I was just looking at my latest issue of motor trend, they have an article about it.

this is what they said...

2002 Mitsubishi Evolution VII

0-60: 5.89sec

1/4 mile sec@MPH: 14.42@92.7

1999 Nissan Skyline GT-R

0-60: 5.40

1/4 mile sec@MPH: 13.75@104.8

1969 Yenko S/C Camaro

0-60: 5.42

1/4 mile sec@MPH: 13.42@110.6

motor trend also said that the 350Z was considered for the leading role... wow that would have been imbarrasing