HybridZ

J-Pipe nipple/hose to air regulater apparatus?

Jersey

Ok, i forgot to bring my FSM to work to check on this so, you guys are the next best thing...ok better :) Here's where i'm at: I made all the I.C. pipes ready to go in for tonight and i am replacing the stock J-Pipe with my own 2" bend. The stocker has a 3/4" (?) nipple off of it that a short hose runs from there to the hard lines after the air regulator on top of the intake. I'm not using the AAC or EGR. Question is, do i need to weld this 3/4" nipple to my new pipe coming off the T3 and re-attach the hose or can i leave it out of the mix, not hack the new pipe and just plug the other end of it? Sorry i'm asking when i probably could search the FSM about what this does, just don't have it with me. Thanks in advance.

You don't need it, but the air regulator is nice for warming up a cold car. If you don't have it , you will have to keep your foot on the throttle for a minute or two as the car warms. That is the only device I am using, as I'v long scrapped the EGR, and never used the AIC, having always set my idle with an air bypass, or the stop on the throttle butterfly.

Thanks. So what's that hose that goes from the J-Pipe that's T'd into the hardline after the air regulator used for? I understand what the air regulator does by opening to allow air to bypass in cool weather for idle up but, this hose T's into that hardline after the air regulator and before the AAC (Auxiliary Air Control) valve.

Sleeper, or anyone...what does the 5/8" or 3/8" line that comes off of the J-Pipe, right after the first bend out of the T3, do? What's its function? You may have answered my question in one of your posts already Sleeper, but i'm just not getting it. Thanks for the replies.

Pretty sure that's the source of unthrottled air I was referring to in my previous post. It provides air to bypass the throttle for the cold starting, it provides air for the automatic idle control, and something else I never figured out, as I didn't care. It is sourced off the turbo compressor outlet, as you don't want a lot of pressure drop between the air source and the actuators that control it.

When I replumbed my intake to the N42 manifold, I retained that fitting, and ran it to the air regulator for cold starting. No more T, that's the only thing connected.

Sleeper - Thanks. I thought the air for idle up came from the 3/4" inlet on the front side of the Air Reglator, not hot air coming out of the T3? Learn something new every day i guess. Guess i'll try just plugging that hose that went to the original J-Pipe and see how she runs. If no good, I guess i'll have a little more welding to do and put that nipple on the new pipe!!! Thanks again Sleeper.

i wish i would have kept the air regulator, i was going so quick with the swap i pulled everything off that didnt push air, fuel, or boost.

my car doesnt like to start in the cold, and i have to hold down the gas a little bit right on startup, but the guy will start quick, just takes a minute, oh well. have a spare intake im gonna mod up and install soon, cutting off the egr and stuff like that, maybe wire back in that regulator.